Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Hair removal - what now?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have been struggling with shaving for ages due to being partially sighted. I have tried hair removal cream, but that doesn't work and have tried waxing, but am allergic to what I used. (Nad's waxing strips)

Apart from getting someone to help me, what else can I try? And how safe is hair removal (any form) and eczema?

Comments

• Options
    Maybe go into a salon, get a small test done for the wax and see if you react?
  • Options
    If you are interested in wax, I'd suggest a sugar wax (nads is not appear to be sugar base). It is great for sensitive skin. A quick search online shows that sugar wax is good for people with eczema or other skin conditions.

There are even online recipes to make your own if you don't want to spend the money ;) (ingrediants usually consist of sugar, water and lemon juice so I doubt you'd have to buy anything)