Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Needing major help to get over her.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I same of you may know i made a thread about how i liked a girl for 6 or so months which i kept secret because im am very shy., her friend was giving out to me 3 strong signals that she liked me. Im a very shy person and decided to pluck up the courage (a very bad way to do it) and asked her out via text.

She said no, her friend couldnt recall giving out any signals/what she said and it soon ended up around work with people knowing i asked her out with work colleages/friends using me as examples "i had a nightmare last night..." with my friends/colleagues going "it wasnt about josh was it".

Anyway, months have passed since asking her out and i have tried to put it in my head that its not me she wants etc as best as i could, but i still cant get her out of my head, everytime i see/hear her my heart melts.
It was my 21st last night and we went out and we all had a good time, but she didnt go nowhere near me/hardly talk.

I dont know if u want to class it as love/lust or stalking. But i need somehow to get over her as its killing me, knowing (i think) we could be really happy together.

Any idea's on how to get over her? what can i do!

Comments

• Options
    Firstly you cant ever be happy together if she doesnt want to be near you.
  • Options
    indeed, thats why i want to get over her and move on
  • Options
    it is impossible to get over someone just because you decide to. it usually helps to avoid that person 4 a while but i suppose if you work at the same place that wont be easy.a lot of people will probably disagree with me here but maybe you should open yourself up to dating other people, or flirting with them at the least. you wont forget about this girl but getting attention from other people will give you an ego boost which after the way your collegues have treated you, you probably need!also, if you open yourself up to opportunites to meet other people you will feel as though you are making a positive step towards getting over her rather than sitting around waiting 4 your feelings to go away