Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

FireFox Security Addons

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm using a portable version of the latest FireFox.

what Addons do people recommend

Also I want a good password manager - I've notice for some sites like facebook FireFox doesn't input my username for me until I press the first letter

Comments

• Options
    Nice DG! I'm a fan of portable apps too because I can reformat my system, have my apps on a different partition and not worry about reinstalling and then reconfiguring their settings.

Every add-on that I've tried on the non-portable version have so far also worked on the portable version. So if you were using something before and you liked it, then I would stick with that. Personally, the only add-on that I use that keeps this query on-topic is Adblock.
  • Options
    I use two different screen capture addons as well - come sin useful when buying stuff online - keeps a record of what was bought, price paid, etc.
  • Options
    Monserrat wrote: »
    Nice DG! I'm a fan of portable apps too because I can reformat my system, have my apps on a different partition and not worry about reinstalling and then reconfiguring their settings.

Every add-on that I've tried on the non-portable version have so far also worked on the portable version. So if you were using something before and you liked it, then I would stick with that. Personally, the only add-on that I use that keeps this query on-topic is Adblock.

BTW if you like Portable Apps you should check out MojoPac if you've not already
  • Options
    Wow DG, I didn't know about MojoPac. I've checked the site and it looks like exactly what I'm after. Thanks for the heads up :-)