Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

this site!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i find this site very helpful for me when i am stressed or have a problem i can just pop on and ask or rant away :D.

But just recently there has been a person on this site that makes a thread and leaves the same problem and also sends messages one to one about the same problem and i am finding it rather annoying!..people have left this person advice and yet they chose not to accept it which yeah fair enough that is there decsion to make. But if you are not gunna accept it dont leave the same problem on a new thread!...and so when people get mad with this person they create another account with a different user name and do it all over again!

Its making me come on this site less and less :(

sorry about the long thread just needed to rant!! ha but it is annoying!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Comments

• Options
    Well suck it up. It's an advice site. If people want the same advice multiple times that's up to them. I can't really see any use for this thread other than to hurl insults. Hardly constructive.
  • Options
    Mist wrote: »
    It's an advice site.

Exactly. It's not 'keep posting till you get the answer you want site'. It's fucking annoying when someone posts a thread, gets advice, then goes and creates multiple accounts to post the same problem repeatedly because they don't like the advice that's being given. Then pester users with PM's because they don't really want advice, they want someone to validate the decision they've already made so when it all goes tits up they can say 'Well someone on 'TheSite told me to..........', so they've got someone to blame when said situation goes tits up.
  • Options
    If you're getting problem PMs forward them to a moderator. If the poster pisses you off that much add them to your ignore list.

It's an advice site so that's what happens. It is irritating, I get irritated when I spend ages researching an answer to get it thrown back in my face, but that's life.
  • Options
    Even if people don't take the advice that's given that's what this forum is here for really. It can be irritating but my only advice would be to take a breath and ignore the threads. If you receive unwanted PMs either ask to stop receiving them or forward them to a moderator.
  • Options
    Besides which, the OP has asked the same question about pregnancy several times too...
  • Options
    If the poster keeps posting the same topic, you do have a choice to reply. If you get annoyed then try and stay away from that post. If they PM you again you have a choice - answer back or forward it to a moderator. It's not that hard.
  • Options
    I dont know why people would use that ignore feature, im far too nosy and wouldnt want miss anything :lol:
  • Options
    icey wrote: »
    I dont know why people would use that ignore feature, im far too nosy and wouldnt want miss anything :lol:

:yes: Me too! :lol:
  • Options
    Kermit wrote: »
    If you're getting problem PMs forward them to a moderator.

:yes:

It's best to report any complaints of concerns to a moderator and we can decide what action, if any, needs to be taken :)
  • Options
    Well sometimes it isnt the same people, but where people have seen a similar problem and then decided to register. In some cases of course.
  • Options
    i find this site very helpful for me when i am stressed or have a problem i can just pop on and ask or rant away :D.

But just recently there has been a person on this site that makes a thread and leaves the same problem and also sends messages one to one about the same problem and i am finding it rather annoying!..people have left this person advice and yet they chose not to accept it which yeah fair enough that is there decsion to make. But if you are not gunna accept it dont leave the same problem on a new thread!...and so when people get mad with this person they create another account with a different user name and do it all over again!

Its making me come on this site less and less :(

sorry about the long thread just needed to rant!! ha but it is annoying!:mad: :mad: :mad:

shattt appppp
  • Options
    I think if you're so annoyed that she asks the same advice time and time again it's best to ignore her.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    I think Kermit and Jo have nailed this thread, so gonna close it now.
This discussion has been closed.