Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

The Ex!

Last night. well, in fact, very early this morning at about 2am i received a text from the ex boyfriend telling me he is sorry for the way he acted. fair enough right? but i dont know what to say after the fact i havent spoken to him in 5 months since we split. I want to find out why exactly is he bringing this all up again. He knows ive moved on as i was together with a guy he knows. its just getting me down. not been having the best of times right now because friends all seem to be falling out and the one guy i need the most is thousands of miles away on holiday. do i just dive in and see what on earth he was planning? or do i just ignore him and try put it out of my mind? i am in no way interested in speaking to this guy after what he did to me. feeling a bit like this >>>:banghead: today :(

any advice appreciated :) Jx
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The tempation to reply will be strong because you probably have questions that you need answers for. But think about it ... do you REALLY need to know the answers now after all this time? He'll just fuck your head up. You say you have 'moved on' so stay 'moved on'. Don't answer him. Ignore him. Accept his apology in your heart but don't give him the satisfaction of a reply. If he is feeling bad about how he treated you, then fucking good show! Let the bastard squirm! You're a stronger, better person because of what you have been through and you don't need him trying to offload his guilt on you.
  • Options
    I wouldn't reply however much you feel like you need answers. You're feeling vulnerable at the moment because the people you would normally turn to aren't there to support as they're all falling out or away from you.

To be honest, I've received texts like that from those dangerous exe's months after 'the end' and it's never been out of genuine regret. It's been out of being lonely, being selfish, trying to provoke a response because maybe if she replies then she still cares. Don't rise to it. He will only hurt you again, stir up sore emotions that don't need to be touched. The most refreshing feeling is being where I am now, where I made the choice to break the contact, to not reply again and again and my ex doesn't contact me now and I'm happy; I've moved on and he doesn't make me a mess any more.

Don't do it to yourself; you're stronger than this - don't give him the time of day. You don't have to forgive, you don't have to forget but by replying to him will give you no further consolation -you'll just feel like crap. Move on, ignore it, don't give him any more satisfaction. He cacked it up and you deserve better.
  • Options
    at about 2am .....received a text from the ex boyfriend .......... sorry for the way he acted.

He was pissed
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    He was pissed

That's what I was thinking :/ I would ignore it, he's probably not worth the pain.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. No further texts as yet. THANKFULLY!
    I really hate this guy for what he did to me. Drove me insane.

As for him being pissed. I can safely say he wasnt. He hasnt ever touched alcohol and doubt he does now. But i can see where you get that from.

From a friend i heard that my ex still talks about me all the time. i think he just wanted to talk to me. an area where im just not interested. this guy drove me into actually being frightened of seeing him. i dont need him in my life anymore

thanks again for all replies xx
  • Options
    Why not give him a second chance while playing things very slowly and letting him know that you call the shots this time?
  • Options
    Why not give him a second chance while playing things very slowly and letting him know that you call the shots this time?

She's frightened of him. She's moved on. Why on earth would she want to give him a second chance?
  • Options
    How do you know she's frightened of him? Maybe the split wasn't his fault? We haven't got much to go on here.
  • Options
    Like others have said, he just wants to see if he can illicit a response from you. Show he still has some power over you.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    How do you know she's frightened of him?

Because she says so.
  • Options
    Ex's are usually EX'S for a reason...
  • Options
    **Helen** wrote: »
    Because she says so.

I have an 8 inch penis. You have to believe me because I said so.

OK that was a daft and crude thing to say but nothing in that post indicates he was violent or gave any other reason for her to be frightened. I'm not calling anyone a liar but that post is very limiting and as I said earlier it's not much to go on.
  • Options
    How do you know she's frightened of him? Maybe the split wasn't his fault? We haven't got much to go on here.
    this guy drove me into actually being frightened of seeing him. i dont need him in my life anymore

:)
  • Options
    Oops! Sorry Glenn. You replied as I was posting mine. :)
  • Options
    OK so what exactly did this guy do?
  • Options
    I have an 8 inch penis. You have to believe me because I said so.

OK that was a daft and crude thing to say but nothing in that post indicates he was violent or gave any other reason for her to be frightened. I'm not calling anyone a liar but that post is very limiting and as I said earlier it's not much to go on.

That's simplistic. We tend to believe what people say on here until they prove themselves to be incorrect or liars. If she says she was frightened, who are we to judge at what level that 'fright' is acceptable? What is frighteneing to me, may not be frightening to you. I think its right that she doesn't give the guy a second chance.
  • Options

Does it matter? We don't need to know that information. She was frightened. Period.
  • Options
    I think it matters, I don't think we can give an informed opinion if we don't know as many of the facts as possible.
  • Options

Who cares?

She's frightened of him. That gives her a reason not to see him again, regardless of whether her fear is justified or not.

It's her choice whether or not she sees or speaks to him again, and if she is frightened of him, then there's no further argument to be had. Whether or not her fear is rational or justified is entirely beside the point. After all, he is not entitled to have any contact with her.
  • Options
    Ok that's fair enough but I'd rather know the facts instead of making a knee-jerk reaction that's all.
  • Options
    I think it matters, I don't think we can give an informed opinion if we don't know as many of the facts as possible.

Well, we will agree to disagree then. The OP has given us no reason to doubt what she says is true and if she says she is frightened of him, then unless she asks if her fear if justified, I would give her the benefit of the doubt that her fear is real. Apart from that, she quite clearly does not want to go back to him. So no reason to contemplate giving him a second chance.
  • Options
    Ok that's fair enough but I'd rather know the facts instead of making a knee-jerk reaction that's all.

What was the knee-jerk reaction, as a matter of interest?
  • Options
    he tried to control my life. tried to make him the only thing in my life. tried to make me do things i simply would never do with him. he became obsessive to the point i had to turn my phone off to stop the texts from him just because i hadnt replied in 5 minutes. when we were together he would cling onto me, even though i asked him to let go, sometimes even hitting him (in a pathetic, girly way) but he only clung on tighter. I wasnt allowed to be with my guy friends unless he was there and he lives down the road so it got to the point where i feared passing his house in case he came out. So yeah he scares me. He stares at me whenever he sees me and i just walk off. He doesnt get on with my friends now because he slagged me off to them so much they told him where to go. and i thought this forum was a place for people to help and be supportive, yet im being judged on my truthfulness.. thanks for that.

but thank you to everyone who has been helpful. its much appreciated. x
  • Options
    No-one's judging you on anything, all I asked for was some clarification and on that basis.....tell the dickhead he's definitely not wanted.