Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

what would you do?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, so with a lad 2 years, Split up... realise now i want hiim back, he doesnt feel the same but wants to be friends.
He knows i love him to bits and he wishes he could return it but doesnt feel like any feelings for me would come back.
He says he still finds me physically attractive but thats it.
So, i really want to take the friendship opportunity to show him what hes missing But how?
We were great together and loved each other very much, when we were good we were really good.
How can i get him back? I dont want to force anything on him, i just hope he will see what hes missing out on or throwing away.

Comments

• Options
    I think you are probably on a lost cause. However, all you can do now if you really want to entice him back, is to be a good friend, supportive, laugh at his jokes etc and just make him feel special without going overboard with any affection or say how you really feel.

The thing is, if you put on a 'pretence', you will never maintain it for long enough and so the real trick is just to be yourself. If he still rejects you, then there is nothing you can do. I would suggest getting on with your life and perhaps he will turn back to you in time.
  • Options
    He says he still finds you attractive? So my pessemistic mind will make me think he may try and use you for sexytime, you will agree as you think it might help you get him back. Then you feel worse afterwards?
  • Options
    Act like you don't want him back, if he still likes you at all this will drive him mad until he has to say something
  • Options
    MrG wrote: »
    He says he still finds you attractive? So my pessemistic mind will make me think he may try and use you for sexytime, you will agree as you think it might help you get him back. Then you feel worse afterwards?

Couldn't have put it better myself.
  • Options
    MrG wrote: »

No im not that stupid.

Im just guna let it be for a while... see wot happens
  • Options
    I went out with a lad for four months, we were brilliant, then 3 month s into our relationship, he starts to realise we arn't so well matched and so do i. Blahh blahhhhh blahhhhhhh. He broke up with me because it wasn't the same but he still found me physically attractive.

Moral of the story is; GIVE IT UP! Once it's gone, it's gone. :)
    Harsh but true. plenty of people have this happen to them. It'll be hard to accept, but plenty of shoppers in the mall ;) and all offering different things.
  • Options
    He might want you back, you dont know. I mean he says he finds you attractive so thats a start aint it :) Giving it time is all you can really do, but if he actually would prefer to be friends, then you should respect that and just be friends, because im sure you would prefer him as a friend than nothing at all. And plus, if your friends, and spend time together as friends, he might realise he actually wants you back too.