Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Should police take away trouble makers phones?

**helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8149717.stm

I'd be interested to hear what you have to say on this.

Also, Children and Young People Now magazine is looking for views on the story so if you have strong views on it and would be happy to be published, please say in your post.

Cheers :thumb:

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Cannot beleive this has even been suggested. A new reason not to vote Tory if thats the sort of idea that they come up with. I really wonder how he thinks this would work. U can buy a phone for £20 with sim card, so all they are gonna do is go out and buy a new one. Also you shouldn't confiscate something that had nothing to do with the crime. This would just cause more agro and work for the police.
  • Options
    :lol:
  • Options
    What's to stop them buying another phone?
  • Options
    This idea is dreadfully authoritarian and could actually lead to an INCREASE in crime, not a decrease. What's to stop some yob from just stealing another mobile phone to replace the one confiscated by the cops?

We've become used to New Labour coming up with ideas by putting a group of ignorant morons in a room, letting themselves wank each other off and then see the worse than useless ideas they come out with. How disturbing that the Conservatives under Call Me Dave have adopted the same policy development technique.