Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

weight problem! Please HELP!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i started puttin on the pounds when i was 12 i have always been a size 14 since 15 up until 19 now i have gone up another size so am now a size 16 and i have started a diet in april and its now july and nothin has dropped off.

what else can i do i have always been on yo yo diets but this one i stuck too but still nothing!

do you think i should go to the docs and see about a dietician?? or something??

being over weight is one of the reason why i am depressed but i dont feel nice, pretty i always feel ugly and fat.

i dont let my boyfriend see me with no cloths on even tho he says he has and i look beautiful i still dont like it.:no:

we dont even have sex with the light on and it has to be dark because i feel so fat and ugly! :crying:

am lost what else do i do??

Please Help

Comments

• Options
    Do you do any exercise?
  • Options
    yep i go for a run in a morning and i have a family trainner thing at home
  • Options
    I should of put that better, i should of said .. how much exercise do you do?
  • Options
    yep i go for a run in a morning and i have a family trainner thing at home

I need accurate and honest details of what your diet consists of
  • Options
    well its a low calorie diet...i do not snack through out the day and i have 3 meals a day breakfast dinner and tea..so for breakfast i will have cerial measured out correctly and milk also measured out. dinner a cup of soup with an apple and for tea varys.

as for excerise i go out eery day for a run and then do my family trainner bit
  • Options
    well its a low calorie diet...i do not snack through out the day and i have 3 meals a day breakfast dinner and tea..so for breakfast i will have cerial measured out correctly and milk also measured out. dinner a cup of soup with an apple and for tea varys.

as for excerise i go out eery day for a run and then do my family trainner bit

I would probably say that you are eating too little, to be quite honest. In fact you're eating bugger all there.

As a start, you could also do with adding some fruit as snacks between meals to keep the metabolism up and firing. Aim to eat every 2-3 hours.
  • Options
    ok thanx i will give that ago and let you know how i get on x
  • Options
    ok thanx i will give that ago and let you know how i get on x

Honestly suggest (timings not accurate):

Breakfast - 8am. Try getting some good quality calories down you to get yourself fired up. Avoid white bread.

Snack - 10:30 Fruit or veg, perhaps with houmous

Lunch - 1pm A cup a soup and an apple isn't enough, imo

Snack - 3:30

Dinner - 6pm

Evening snack - 9pm Perhaps some low fat cottage cheese on ryveta

You need to keep your diet balanced, too.
  • Options
    I would also stress that you need to make sure that your eating your 5 portions of fruit and veg each day - that should really fill you up with "good" calories as does eating protein - either meat fish or pulses.

Also bear in mind that if your excersising and you haven't been previously you might not be loosing any weight because your converting fat into mussel (sp?) which is heavier - so you should always measure yourself with a tape measure as well as on the scales.
  • Options
    again thank you all for your advise i will try is :D x