Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Appealing a Speeding ticket

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Has anyone appealed a speeding ticket?

I think I may have been snapped by a temporary speed camera today on a motorway - I'm pretty certain the area wasn't properly sign posted - All I saw was a sign hat suddenly said 50 mph and a flash, wasn't any warning signs of up coming road works, etc think I was doing about 60 mph at the time - There didn't even seem to be any road works or any reason for the speed limit to have been 50 mph and not 70 mph - All I can think is they'd completed some road works there and just the immediate signs and cameras were still in place.

The only sign I saw was a sign on the left low on the ground and didn't even see it for a large section as there was a large heavy goods truck to my left

Comments

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    johnjacobsjohnjacobs Posts: 1 Just got here
    Appealing a speeding ticket can be a daunting process, but it's an important step to take if you believe you were unjustly ticketed or if you feel the fine is too high. It's important to remember that you have the right to contest the ticket and present your case in court. To increase your chances of success, it's important to gather any evidence or documentation that supports your case, such as photographs or witness statements. You may also want to consult with a lawyer or seek advice from a legal aid organization to help you navigate the legal system. Overall, appealing a speeding ticket requires persistence, patience, and a commitment to defending your rights and interests as a driver.