Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

im so paranoid over photos

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
this might sound silly, but i feel sick with dread at the thought of a bad photo of me being seen by anyone. its all i can think about if i know a bad photo of me has been taken during a night out and its still on my friends camera. i usually find some way to delete it off their camera when theyre not looking which is CRAZY! i hate being like this! i panic at the thought of someone seeing me do something which makes me look stupid. i dont take myself too seriously but i just cant stand the thought of people looking at me in real life or in a photo and thinking ooooh she looks ugly/fat/stupid etc.

sorry i know this sounds pretty pathetic but i just cant stop feeling like this. ive even startd untagging myself in facebook pictures because i dont like some of the photos...but then i get paranoid that someone will look through that photo album anyway and see a pic of me and think how bad i look.

i guess i just want to know how to stop feeling like this, its ridiculous.

Comments

• Options
    Fair enough, everyone feels like that at times but how often do you look through people's photos and think she looks ugly/fat/stupid, or why is she doing that etc? Tbh i never think people look any less like they do in pictures than in real life, looks all the same to me.

I never worry too much about bad pictures, anyone who critiques them or cares how you look in them, isn't worth an opinion on them. Plus, if you've been drinking you can just blame it on the alcohol ;)
  • Options
    Everyone does this? Just try and take yourself less seriously, people prefer to see funny/not perfect pics of people anyway it helps to show off your personality! :wave:
  • Options
    What you have to remember is it only takes a split second to take a photo, so anyone can be looking their bestest but all it takes is a photo to be taken at the time someone is opening their eyes after a blink and they don't look good; I have many pictures of my friend looking like Peaches Geldolf after a line too many on Christmas eve because of this very reason. However in the rest of the album she's laughing, dancing and generally having a good time, which by looking at all the photos, good and bad is obvious.

Try not to worry about it, for every bad photo there will be at least one of you looking fabulous.
  • Options
    Hey
    Just to say that i suffer with this problem too. :blush: I absolutely hate the way i look on photos, have got worse with age too. I loathe anyone posting pictures and always untag myself on facebook. I also avoid having pics taken esp. on nights out.
    I just see it as a personal quirk and preference. I just think it's part of who i am, my good mates understand and don't push it. Only the annoying wank*rs argue with me about it.
  • Options
    I have been known to rip cameras off someone catching me at a bad moment, I'm not so bad about it now, but there was a time...