Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Lumps On Spine

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I don't think for one moment that I have anything to worry about but having searched on google I can't find anything relating to this so I thought I would ask to see if anyone else has experienced this...

I am quite slim and don't have a lot of 'padding' - about 7 years ago I went go-karting and when I was getting changed I noticed a large lump had formed across my spine where I was leaning against the hard plastic chair.

The lump felt quite fluidy as it was moveable(ish) and I could feel a crackling when I manipulated it. It was very tender but eventually reduced in size and ended up feeling just a bit bruised.

Ever since I have had problems sitting against hard chairs and this weekend I have ended up with three seperate lumps on my spine. I do always try to go for padded chairs but it doesn't always work (and an hour spent on a pedalo definately didn't help!).

I haven't been to the doctors about it as I very much doubt there is anything they can do! (except tell me to carry a pillow around with me at all times!)

Does anyone else ever get this? I think that they probably appear to try and protect my spine but I am just a little concerned that I could be doing myself some damage...

Comments

• Options
    I was hoping that someone else might get this as well... :(
  • Options
    i have never had this, but it would be worth going to see the doctor as there may be something they can do, my mum said she had a lump on her back which sounds simular to yours, but I don't remember it as I was very young, but she went to the doctors and they did something for it.
    there is no harm in going, al least then you will know if it is something more serious, or if they can do something.

hope this helps.
  • Options
    Yes go to the doctors it doesn't sound normal and whilst it might just be a build up of harmless fluid it might be an underlying sign of something more serious and its definately worth getting it checked out - afterall you dont' want to end up with back problems for the rest of your life
  • Options
    Thanks for your responses guys, I am quite surprised that noone else has experienced it so I think that a trip to the docs is required.

The ones from the weekend have mostly gone down now so I might wait until I get another one otherwise they might wonder what they hell I am going on about!! :)
  • Options
    Yeah, I've got a backbone like a toast rack and I don't get this. I'd deffo see a doctor :)
  • Options
    Hello Splodgey :wave:

Well it sounds very unconfortable for you and although you said you were going to wait until another lump came , you have been experiencing this over a period of 7 years , so we agree with the other posts, dont delay get it checked out and put your mind at rest.

Good luck and if you dont mind keep us posted , as it may help others.
    Take care :)
  • Options
    Thanks very much, I must admit I will probably wait as you can't see or feel anything there now but the minute I get another one I will make an appointment. I will let you know how I get on :)