Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Tragus piercing - ring or bar to best promote healing and gauge?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi, I'd like to get my tragus pierced, and just wanted your opinions on whether a (titanium) bar or ring will best speed up healing after it's been pierced. The forums on bodyjewelleryshop seem to prefer labret/barbell thing to a ring. http://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37620&highlight=tragus+ring

Also, which gauge is optimal to look/feel good in this area as well? The studio I had in mind said 1.2 for a bar (and that the bar would heal quicker!). Does anyone recommend anything different to this?

I already searched the boards for this topic but didn't find info on particular metals and shapes/sizes - sorry if I didn't look hard enough..
Thanks in advance for a reply x

Comments

• Options
    I can only speak from personal experience but I had a BCR (ring) put in my tragus piercing when I had it done and it never healed. I had to retire it eventually :( I do think it would have stood more of a chance of healing if I'd had a labret/barbell in it - I don't know what possessed me to have the BCR really, I'm usually quite switched on with piercings. I would definitely go with what the bodyjewelleryshop forums say - they're generally spot on with their advice.

Can't give any advice on sizes to be honest but the smaller the better I would guess.
  • Options
    1.2 jewllery is a bitch to find...and i haven't found a difference in healing times compared to 1.6
  • Options
    I work in a piercing shop :P Rings or bars are fine its pretty much personal preference, I had both of mine done with bars as the piercing will heal straight instead of curved, but with rings there is sometimes more room to clean it... So its up to you :wave: