Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Emotional binge/over eating

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What resources/help is there, aside from going to the GP (bad track record for them being utterly uesless for certain problems) for this?

Because its getting stupid now and I need to sort it out. :grump:


  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey purplebutterfly :wave:

    How are you doing? Sorry to hear you're going through this, posting on here and recognising it's time to do something about it is a really postivie first step though.

    It's a shame your GP hasn't been great, remember you can always ask to see a different doctor, you might have more luck. It can be hard when you feel that your GP doesn't take you seriously or make you feel at ease but it's worth giving it another go and finding a doctor that you feel more confident in.

    You can also get in touch with the charity Beat. They have a helpline you can call on 0845 634 14 14 or email them on help@b-eat.co.uk.

    Overeaters anonymous run free talking groups accross the country for people who have problems with compulsive eating.

    Do you have a close friend or someone you can trust that you could talk to about how you're feeling? It's worth thinking about what is it that makes you binge. Having someone to call or talk to when you feel that urge may help you to find a distraction from those feelings and a way of coping with them.

    It would also be worth looking at our articles on eating disorders as well as low self-esteem which can often be a factor.

    This question from askTheSite also has some really useful advice about recognising the symptoms of compulsive eating.

    Hope this helps and take care :)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Have you thought about seeing a nutritionist or therapist for this? They would be much more knowledgable than a gp on this matter. I have/had COE and BED and when I was younger saw both and it did a world of help.
Sign In or Register to comment.