Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

My ear hurts...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have a little bump at the enterance to my ear on one side. It really hurts when I touch it and feels a little sore the rest of the time and makes my ear feel funny.
I think it's probably an infection, but I don't want to go to the doctors because a) I hate them b) I doubt there's any appointments and c) I'm off abroad for a week in four days... and I'm guessing I would have to keep the antibiotics refridgerated so that would be problematic.

Any other alternatives?

(another reason about antibiotics is exams finish today so I am planning on drinking my next few days away... alcohola nd antibiotics apparantly don't mix either... bad timing methinks!)

Comments

• Options
    Most antibiotics come in tablet form and do not have to be refridgerated.

I think it's probably a spot :D but if you suspect there is an infection you really should get it checked out. It's not really worth the risk of losing your hearing is it?
  • Options
    It's probably just a spot, ears don't like them because there's only a thin layer of skin over the bony stuff so it puts more pressure on and hurts.

If you think it may be infected though it's best getting it looked at. Doctor could be a good idea, but pharmacist could be another option. At least they can look at it and advise on suitable treatment.
  • Options
    agree, Ive had hear spots, they hurt like hell. if your inner ear isnt hurting, give it a few days and resist poking!