Home Travel & Free Time Creative
Ongoing maintenance - the boards are undergoing some ongoing, intermittent maintenance. Pages might load slightly slower than usual and there may be very short periods where the boards are offline.

singing and playing guitar tips

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
hey all
i'm a realtivly good guitarist and an alright singer and i have written a song, not gonna tell ya how its goes cos it would take ages to explain how its written, plus i would have to copy it all out as its in hand writing which i can just about read even though its mine

anyway, its an acoustic song and i wanna do a video of it where i'm playing guitar and singing same time, i can do them on their own but then when it comes to doing them at the same time it sucks :impissed:
i no that i really have to practise them alot but its annoying cos i just learnt jason mraz i'm yours, simple version of chords but i can sing and play them at the same time which is hard cos the vocals are kinda synocapated with the ryhthm
anyway, i just really asking for some tips on how to learn it a bit quicker and any singing tips would be great as well

thanks

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Just practice practice practice! I had the same problem, still do with the more 'technical' songs. imo it's just a case of learning a song so completely that its just instinct to play/sing it without thinking.
    Just keep it up, you'll get there eventually