Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

shock, period question!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
And a gross graphic one at that :p

Naturally, and when I am on any pill that has a 7 day break cycle I have really long periods (around 9 days) so I'm on Loestrin (have been for a few years) and my period consists of a couple days of spotting once every 2-3 months. Right now I am in the middle of a pack and the dam broke. I am a waterfall for the last couple days. I've gone thru an entire box of tampons in less than three days!

Essentially, my question is what the fuck!?! Any ideas on why this is happening? And it better end soon as I have my gyno appt next week too :\

And I've had cramps, since being on the pill I've never had cramps.

I've not missed any pills or been late with them either. I was sick with a tummy bug when it started but the earliest I got sick was probably 2 or 3 hours after taking the pill and that was only one day.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hello Simba T lion :wave:

How awfiul, periods can be up and down and you dont know where your at, it seems strange considering you ve been on that particular pill for a while.
    It may be a way of your body saying it needs a break, but you should seek medical advice or have a look at NHS direct.

I hope your feeling much better soon
    Take care :)