Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Broken/fractured toe?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I work at a supermarket and on monday at work I was pulling a full cage of pop/drinks and a guy was pushing, we had to stop as we were coming out of the flappy doors but he kept pushing and one of the wheels went straight up my middle toe. It hurt quite alot for a while after and was hurting into tuesday, but it seemed to be more my nail that hurt rather than my toe the next day. It was swollen a bit too. Anyway, since then my toe hasnt been quite right, it doesnt seem to bend properly and when I bend it with my hand it sort of clicks as it does. A few folk have said it might be broken but it isn't swollen/purple or anything. Is it still worth getting looked at, especially and I'm wanting to continue dancing at some point in the future and I don't want it to be a problem?

Comments

• Options
    I'd go to your Dr's or local walk in centre if you can. They will probably send you for an x-ray just to confirm itf it broken/fractured.

If it is there isn't that much they can do, they will tell you to rest, maybe fit a splint to try and keep it in place. It also helps to wear shoes that have stiff soles and are rigid to help keep it positioned.

Hopefully it's not though and it's just bruised :)
  • Options
    It's worth getting it checked out.

I've broken two of my toes in the past - we asked at the doctor's surgery (benefit of having a mother on the reception desk - quick advice without appointment :D) and they basically said to strap it to the one next to it with some plasters, as that's exactly what they would do.

However if you're a dancer, it could be worth going in and stressing the importance of getting it seen to properly.
  • Options
    Quite a few years this old bag with a rat for a face stood back with stilletto heals and on my right little toe broke the fucker.