Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Sunburn - Tan Lines

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, on Saturday morning I was a VERY silly girl and spent 4 hours outside the house jetwashing the drive without suntan lotion.

I have got an extremely badly burnt back and shoulders and only in the last day have I actually been able to touch them with enough pressure to rub cream in rather than leave it on top to be absorbed. At a pharmacists suggestion I have been using a medicated cream to help and have been good at moisturising etc.

I am just about to peel which is a good thing as at the moment my strap marks look absolutely hilarious - the darkened skin is in major contrast to my normal colour.

My main question is apart from exfoliating, is there any other way I can lighten my tan? I am going to try and wear some strapless tops when I am all healed which might help but I think they are still going to very very noticeable.

I would normally wonder whether a spray tan might be a plan but I have quite an odd colouring (honey/light olive with a hint of yellow) and I have never ever found a fake tan that doesn't look ridiculous.

Any suggestions appreciated!!