Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Dry Cleaning

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How long does it take to dry clean something? I have a dres I want to wear on Saturday night but I can only take it to the dry cleaners tomorrow, would it be ready for saturday?

I wore it the other weekend and it just needs a quick clean!

Comments

• Options
    piecesofme wrote: »
    How long does it take to dry clean something? I have a dres I want to wear on Saturday night but I can only take it to the dry cleaners tomorrow, would it be ready for saturday?

I wore it the other weekend and it just needs a quick clean!

check it up with your local dry cleaners, but in my opinion you won't have any luck. They will probably finish the clothes in the order they come in and that's just 2 days till saturday. So ask them, and if they can't do it, hand wash it.
  • Options
    Some places do same day or next day dry cleaning - sometimes its a little bit more expensive - but you would need to check - usually if you go in and explain they are quite helpful especially if its a family run shop rather than a chain
  • Options
    Thanks, I'm going to try and get there today if I can.

We only have a Johnsons but hopefully they do an express service!

If not I'll just have to buy a new dress ;) :thumb:
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    . So ask them, and if they can't do it, hand wash it.

I don't want to risk hand washing it, it states that it is only dry clean only and it is really delicate!