Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Getting out of a 3 Mobile Broadband Contract

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I joined 3 mobile in January 2009 with a phone on 6 month contract (since cancelled) and mobile broadband half price for £7.50p a month for 3GB per month for 18 months BUT the main thing I asked in the shop was about roaming abroad as three had the 3 like home which allowed (as I was told) to use it free (within my 3gb limit) in places such as Ireland, Australia, Italy, etc

I hear 3 are now removing 3 like home and this is not what I signed up for as it totally changes the reason I got the mobile broadband in the first place.

I specifically asked the staff in the about roaming in these countries and told it's free within the 3GB limit as long as you latch on to a 3 sister network.

Is this grounds for being able to cancel my contract with 3 Broadband and if so what's the best way to go about it with 3? I don't want a 2 hour call to India and frankly I'd prefer everything to be in writing as evidence to what was discussed.