Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Big Problemo.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
One of my best friends had a fling with a guy i liked a year ago, but i totally ignored it and pretended i didnt care. a few months ago, he came to me and told me he was crazy about me, and had been for a while. i told my friend and she went crazy and was really pissed because she said it was the only person she could have had something serious with, but she broke them up(from the fling) and quickly moved on. now she likes another guy whos a year younger than her( like the guy i like) but says hes far too young for her. im madly in love wuth this guy, and he is with me, we just dont want to upset her, and i dont want to ffall out with her. any help?

Comments

• Options
    Well, there's two things here..

1/ he likes you not her
    2/ she reckons he's too young for her anyway

She's being selfish to stand in the way. You either don't persue it so that she doesn't get upset, in which case, you may end up resenting her, or you go for it and just hope that she comes around. If she's such a good friend, she should get used to the idea eventually.
  • Options
    yea, but i really do like him, and this is the first chance in a long time that ive had the chance of something serious in a relationship, bit im scared she'll pretend shes fine with it, then go off and bitch to all my friends about it so im the bad guy?
  • Options
    Ellie_x wrote: »
    yea, but i really do like him, and this is the first chance in a long time that ive had the chance of something serious in a relationship, bit im scared she'll pretend shes fine with it, then go off and bitch to all my friends about it so im the bad guy?

do you really want to miss out on chances, just because someone is unreasonable and threatens to bitch around if you take what you want, which they waived?

Really, she doesn't want him (or couldn't have him, and therefore says, she doesn't want him to save face) and therefore you shouldn't be able to have him either?

Really, don't be intimidated so quickly. If she cannot grant you this, she's not your friend but a miserable bitch anyway.

go for it. There is no reason not to. And find new friends too.
  • Options
    but shes my best friend, and i dont wanna be the one hated by everyone! its just nothing good ever happens for me and whenevre it does, someone always messes it up! i havent been happy in such a long time and its nice to just be myself around someone i really get along with. i just dont wanna hurt anyone or get hurt in the process, but whatever i do now, im gunna hurt someone i guess!
  • Options
    Ellie_x wrote: »
    but shes my best friend, and i dont wanna be the one hated by everyone! its just nothing good ever happens for me and whenevre it does, someone always messes it up! i havent been happy in such a long time and its nice to just be myself around someone i really get along with. i just dont wanna hurt anyone or get hurt in the process, but whatever i do now, im gunna hurt someone i guess!

What is a friend? Is a person a friend if she denies you happiness, even tho there is no competition between you both? She's just a sore loser who wants it all, but gets jealous about her 'friends' happiness and blackmails you with it.

It does not happen to you, because you let yourself being oppressed. Next time you meet a lovely bloke think about that: StrubbleS gonna be pissed with you. How dare you have a relationship with someone while StrubbleS is single!

Oh no! now you are not allowed to get a boyfriend as long as I'm single, which is always.

You are hurting noone, but in your case I would really talk it out with your friend. I would so walk to her place and say, "hey xy here are cookies, they are lovely and now have a seat, because we have to fucking talk." and ask her why she does not want you to go out with him even tho she does not want him. EVEN if she wanted him, he wants you not her. Tough luck, but that's life. If her answer is, "umm, ermm, hmmm bäuhäjiuhuihfweuifhiuw." Then leave the cookies say bye and meet the dude in question.

Please don't be such a sheep who shows the white feather just because unreasonably blackmails you.
  • Options
    She dumped him. If she really thought that she had a chance at something serious with him she wouldn't have done that. She's just trying to have her cake and eat it. Tell her to fuck off and go for it with this guy.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone whos written on here! youve given me a huge boost into seeing what i should be doing! THANKYOU! im going over his tuesday, so ill let y'all know what happened :) thankyou again!