Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Need a friend to talk to

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi, im just here to dump my problems on you guys.
Well, basically, life is going to shit. My friend alice has been cutting herself really badly, my friend sarah has been completely depressed (And although she said she wouldnt try suicide, im still shitting myself.) My friend ross is getting greif for being Bisexual (Assholes :mad:) and because of it ive took up drinking and smoking again.

I just needed someone to vent to about this, life has gone shit side up and its not right.

Comments

• Options
    wow. I'm so sorry. Have you tried to talk to your friend who is cutting? I used to cut myself, and i stopped once i talked to a couple pf people. If you or her needs anyone to talk to privately, you can send me a message and i will give you guys my e-mail. I have a psychologist, so i won't tell you anything stupid. lol I'm here to help! :wave:
  • Options
    dont worry! this place is made for venting! so dont feel as if your dumping your problems :)
    vent away!
    Maybe if you go into more details about your problem, people will help more :)
  • Options
    Okay, vent away.
  • Options
    re

Hey fish94,:)

Just to echo what has been said, this is your forum to get things off your chest so dont feel bad for venting.
    you sound like your having a really tough time with the problems that your mates are having and helping them through this is also putting pressure on you and bringing you back to alcohol and smoking.
    how are feeling about it all and what do you need to do for you?

keep posting:wave:
  • Options
    I dont know, its just nothing feels right anymore. Im so worried about my friends, and i feel helpless because i can't make them feel better :/

Have you ever got the feeling your slowly sinking into your own personal hell? Because thats how I feel. Life is just taking stabs at me and my friends, and its just bullshit.

I think ill move onto alice- Sweetest girl in the world, always happy.
    Or so i though.
    Last night she admits to me she had just cut herself. I was expecting like a little cut, but no.Fucking massive lacerations all down her arm like 20mm deep.

Sarah-Again, amazingly happy.Then she tells me her parents neglect her and shes stressed. To add to it all, our school is making us take GCSE a year early. Now shes basically my sister and it kills me to see her cry, and today i saw her alone.When i confronted her, she had clear tears on her face, even though she denied it.

Ross- One of my best friends, he makes me smile daily. And now its killing me that he's depressed and i cant make him smile. Im basically pacifist, i only fight back, not start fights (I do karate), which means i have no real way to stick up for him when these bastards insult him for being Bi (even though he's fucking amazing)

/rant over
  • Options
    re

Hey fish94,:wave:

Its sounds all very overwhelming and all at once for you and your mates. Being a teenager is tough when your struggling with your identity or for acceptance from others, your in emotional pain and feel the only thing that can help is cutting, or you want to help others so much that it fills you full of worries and anxiety.
    Here are some suggestions for you with all this....

Have you had a look around this site for many articles on self harm, stress and sexuality stuff and much more, this may help your understanding of all the issues your mates are going through and for you.

Do your mates know about the site??it may help them too as we have many others forums as well as this one to explore what their feeling.

Is there anyone closer to school that you can talk to as it sounds like there is some bullying going on there which is most definetly wrong!

finally, dont bottle up how your feeling, come to the forum as often you need and when you need.

hope this helps, and keep mailing:wave:
  • Options
    Thanks guys, you've really made me smile.
    My friends know about the site, but dont go on the internet much.
    All i want at the minute is for everything to be fixed, even if its just for minutes.
    Anyway, thanks a lot, ill keep what you have said in mind.