Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Why does this bother me?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well,Ive been with my gf for nearly 2 months now but her past keeps seeming to bug me,just seems to keep getting under my skin.
Basically,shes had a "interesting" sexual history shall we say,been with a lot more guys than I have girls and some of the stuff shes told me just gets to me,annoys I dont know but it makes me feel uncomfortable to hear for some reason.
I never really had the confidence to go after the girls I wanted when I was single so Im thinking theres a bit of jealousy involved,like her doing the things I wanted to like loads of one night stands and pulling.
Or maybe Im uncomfortable thinking or knowing about her being with lots of other guys.....
I dont know why it bothers me though?Anyone else been here before?

Comments

• Options
    Get her to try some of the more interesting tricks she has learnt, with you?
  • Options
    Thats the thing,when I first got with her,yeah she was willing but she didnt do anything amazing (no offence to her,love her!!!!:blush: ) and she didnt have a lot of confidence either.
    It seems Ive built her confidence up a lot compared to when we first met.
    She said Im the one and shes never felt like this with anyone else but I still worry about her going back to an ex (which,personally I feel shes not quite over).
    Dunno,just frustrates me all these thoughts of her with all these other guys going through my head.
  • Options
    Well, that's one of these things you have to solve yourself. You will have to accept it, or it will eat you up, piece by piece until the relationship fails. Why does it matter? She's with you now. Imagine it was the other way round, or you paid for a prostitute once (which seems to go under a lot of girls' skins) they will have to get by too.
  • Options
    Hey, it bothers u coz she is ure gf, and u couldnt imagine her being with anyone else...i mean it isnt a nice thought. So its completely natural that it frustrates you. At least she is being honest about it and isnt hiding the fact that she has been with lots of other guys. U should just be straight and honest with her.. if it bothers u. She should understand
    Hope that helped!
  • Options
    All of a persons experiences in life (I mean that in general, not sexually) make them who they are in this current day and age. You cant take anything away, no matter how subtle, and no matter how subtle a change it effects, as they wouldnt be the same person anymore.

She is who she is, partly because of what she has done, and even if not, its something that has been done in her life.

Learn to deal with it and accept her for the person you have grown to like and trust, and im sure things will come along swimmingly.
  • Options
    Nice on Gareth!
  • Options
    I know,it just seems to get under my skin the things shes told me but then laughs about it when Id take it seriously or think that what she did was stupid.Maybe I take things too seriously.
    Maybe its because I never had the confidence to go after women before and hearing about all the things shes done it kind of makes me jealous that I never did anything like that.I never saw the point of trying as I was always the "boring ugly kid".
    Ive always been the fifth wheel wherever I am and now its another aspect of life I feel left out on...weird but thats the only way I can think to describe it.
    Its stupid I know but Ive always felt alone too,especially when it came to getting girlfriends,I always find it hard to go over to girls I like let alone get with them!!So,I guess it frustrates me there too that she does all that so easily and normally.
    Maybe I got some issues with sex too,maybe I think its a lot more important or should mean something.