Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

confused.com

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok well resently i have been diagnosed with depression but i've been reading up on a few things and i think there is something more to it...

over the last few months i have been finding it hard to controll my anger, when i'm alone i feel really panicky, one minute i can get on really well with someone and if they annoy me in some way, i tend to hate them until i can get away from them and calm down. I've also felt really empty resently and thought of suicide i haven't self harmed in a few months ( :) ) but i want to.
if i am with friends or if i'm in a really good mood i tend to want to stay with that person, and try and get their attention to stay on me. I also get really paranoid and sometimes panic if i don't talk to certain people so then i start to think that they hate me. ( i tend to keep this bottled in, i'm not as horrible as this sounds ;) )

I don't know if this comes with depression or if there is something else to add to my list of problems but i was hoping for some second opinions of off you guys :D

Comments

• Options
    sounds like what i went through during sixth form... except for the self harming.
    it sounds like it is all a part of the depression. it can have some really awful things that come with it.
    it's good that you have been to your doctor though, hopefully he/she will help you.
    something that helped me was writing a journal of EVERYTHING... it just let it all out, and at the same time talking to samaritans. maybe this could help you?
    hope that helps.
  • Options
    Hey Mema,

Looking at your posts, we can see you're fairly new to The Site, so wanted to wish you a warm welcome. As you've already experienced - the advice and support on here is very friendly and honest.

If you haven't seen them already - why don't you check out the information pages that we have on depression and self harm? The pages on understanding depression and dealing with self harm urges may be a place to start?

From seeing your other thread, we can see you've contacted The Samaritans, as Nutter has suggested. Hopefully this will also give you what you are looking for. The Samaritans have a very good reputation and we get lots of positive feedback, so hopefully you will have a positive experience too.

Feeling annoyed, panicky and paranoid do sound like they could be symptoms related to the depression. However, it's always worth checking this out with a professional - perhaps you could make an appointment to see your Doctor and asking them?

Do keep posting and let us know how you are getting on. Take care - :):)
  • Options
    Hello Mema,

Hows it going, did you manage to look at any of the information pages Harry suggested, or vist your GP?

Let us know how you got on

Take care :)