Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

ADVICE NEEDED before i reck Everything....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Rightt Bin Wit My boyfriend On Nd Off 3 times in a total of 2 nd a bit years
yesh both made mistakes in past nutin serious thoo nd when we got bak tugether 5-6 months ago everything was sooo much better than before
like i could see a future wit us nd so could he
i have no doubt he is my soul mate nd i knw im ment tu be wit him
buh here is were things started tu go rong
we both in the middle of exams therefore adding stress on me not so much him cus he does no revision nd walks out wit like B's me on the other hand jus scrapping C's wit revision so im startin tu resent him
also we both applied for a job at a shop nd tbh he dnt even need it as he gets 30 a day any way buh im skint nd my cv was a whole let better than his buh HE got an interview and agen this made me overly jealous
its now made us have a big fight becus he sed im attackin him wen i gt worked up on his succses i knw it realli bad nd i shuld jus be happy for him buh yu cnt help how yu feel
need advise how tu over come this stress and resentment before i push him away which i knw will kill me buh i always let my emotions take over :confused: help please x

Comments

• Options
    Writing in text talk and without punctuation makes it impossible to read what you've written. We can't help if we can't even read what you've written. If you want people to help you should re-write it without the text speak :)
  • Options
    at first: Stop blaming him for things that's not his fault, you will really ruin the relationship through that. It's actually not right (in my opinion) to become aggressive with someone who writes better marks with less effort. Same goes for the job interview. It's not like he manipulated you, so he had an advantage over you in this job.

If you wrote your job interview in the english you are displaying here, however, I would know a reason why they didn't pick you. "buh" for but and "knw" for know is not abbreviating stuff, it's just annoying, just as a side note.

anyway, back on topic. He sounds like an intelligent dude and you should really grant him his success. By being pissed at him for doing nothing wrong you will slowly kill the relationship. learn to vent your anger through other means and work on your anger management. That's the first steps you should take.
  • Options
    Thanks Tr4shed, I can normally read txt spk but that was just gobbledegook to me!

If you don't share similar interests and a similar level of academic achievement then there's a good chance the relationship won't last. I don't think academic achievement is necessarily a measure of intelligence, but if he's performing much better than you then you may well end up at totally different universities or colleges and just end up naturally spreading apart.

If you feel humiliated because he's achieving higher grades than you then I honestly don't see how a relationship can last.
  • Options
    This may just be getting to you right now because of exam stress? Maybe wait until exams are over and see if things are better?