Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

how to get someone to notice you

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hey all
as you can probaly guess,
i've pretty much gone and got myself in a bit of a pickle (wtf, y did i write that, never even said that before) realstionship wise
nothing bad like cheating or anything but still pretty hard to deal with
anyway, instead of rabbling on for agggeees, i'm gonna get to the point
i've fallen for a girl at college, we've meet once, the thing is, i know that this could just be a crush but i really don't think it is, i;ve seen her around college and we've smiled at each other, not stoped to talk though :(
i just can't get her out my head, she's friends with one of my friends so i may see if he can set me up with her, though she may think its a bit werid if i do that
i just have no idea how to get her attention as it were, i really really like her and actually think that i may be able to be myself in a realstionship with her (i no i've only met her once, but the things that people have said her have given me this impression), which is a pretty rare thing for me

anyway, any way to try and get her to notice me would be great
(nothing cheesey though)

Comments

• Options
    Next time you see her around, instead of just smiling you could give a casual "hi." You don't have to stop and have a converstaion, but it might get the ball rolling for next time you cross paths.
  • Options
    Maybe mention this to your friend and get him to help you? Maybe he could invite her and a bunch of others out one night and have you come along as well, so you can chat to her?

Or as Simba said, next time you see her say hi, and maybe a 'how are you?'
  • Options
    Take a step back and chill.

If you build this up in your head too much it'll amount to fuck all because you'll talk yourself out of it or rush in and fuck it up.

As Simba T Lion said, next time you see her smile and give her 'hi'. You might end up having 2-5mins convo about bullshit but try keep eye contact and maybe work in your mates name so that you've got something to fall back on. The key would be to show interest in her and hopefully she'll respond and you'll be moving up that relationship ladder :p

I mean the chances are if she smiling at you then she at least likes you on some level. (trouble with birds is they're often always smiling and shit so you can read too much into it) :crazyeyes

Anyway give it ago see what happens!

I know how frustrating it is mate i'm shit at the pre-relationship ladder...slowly, slowly catchy monkey and you'll land your foot on the first step.
  • Options
    You've got a friend who knows her, which is always a bonus. And you've already met her once, so it's not as if it'd be stalkerish to talk to her again out of the blue. I think first, you need to get to a stage where you've at least had a proper conversation with her. I'd try and use your friend to go and sit next to her at lunchtime, or something. Once you've done that, you can invite her to something with your group of friends, which tends to be a bit less intimidating that just straight out asking her out on a date, and an opportunity for her to let you down gently if she's not interested, but also something you can invite her to some other time too without seeming stalkerish.

That's what I'd do, anyway.
  • Options
    Don't think about it to much just be who you are and just do like lexi and simba said
    i know its not that easy but just give it a go