Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

angry

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have been with my boyfriend for 7 years and I thought we have always had a good relationship I really trusted him....
I found out this year that he had been on a internet dating site a few times (which is the one we met on) because he couldn't sleep and was "bored". We have also recently joined facebook and now suddenly wants to start reconnecting with people (mainly women) from his past as they are his friends...I say friends are people you keep in touch with not refind after 20 plus years...I also just found out that he had called one woman a year or so ago but didn't think he had to tell me about every phone call he made...He also asked why is im'ing someone different than calling them??? I

Comments

• Options
    Honestly, I don't see anything wrong here. It's not uncommon to lose touch with your friends and get in contact later again.

You mean he called a girl, which is not you and not his mother, a year ago? Oh my god, someone call oprah and let her sort this out. This is cellular adultery.
  • Options
    Well yeah, but the continued use of a dating site is a cause of concern. If I found out my girl was using a dating site, I wouldn't be happy at all.
  • Options
    I can see where your coming from.
    The use of an internet dating site when your in a relationship is questionable.
    Facebook- Wouldnt worry about it for the moment, as said its not uncommon for people to get in touch after how ever many years!
    As for the phone call, i would be curious by this.
    Although it did happen a year ago i would be more curious as to why he didnt tell me if it was just an innocent phone call? Or why it didnt just slip into conversation? "oh yeh i was talking to jackie on the phone earlier, guess what shes up to.." Know what i mean?
    Perhaps hes one of them blokes who doesnt think he has to tell you about every phone call, but it saves suspision if he just came straight out and told you he'd been on the phone.
    Dont worry to much about it.
    If it bothers you to much- Tell him your opinions and ask you make a compromise some how. good luck :)
  • Options
    x</3x wrote: »
    Although it did happen a year ago i would be more curious as to why he didnt tell me if it was just an innocent phone call? Or why it didnt just slip into conversation?

Why do it? With an approach like that, it seems he is always hiding something, if he doesn't blurt it out or "innocently slip it into conversation" right after he had a phone call or something. People still have their own lives in a relationship (shocking I know!), and I don't see the big deal if he's calling up old school mates, regardless if they have a wee wee or a vajaja.

Just because you don't share your boring daily routine and call up your gf to let her know you are in the office loo taking a leak, doesn't mean you are keeping something a secret.
    x</3x wrote: »
    Perhaps hes one of them blokes who doesnt think he has to tell you about every phone call, but it saves suspision if he just came straight out and told you he'd been on the phone.

:banghead: What an insensitive cunt! The first step to turn a relationship into the Gestapo.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    Honestly, I don't see anything wrong here. It's not uncommon to lose touch with your friends and get in contact later again.

:yes:
    but didn't think he had to tell me about every phone call he made

Why should he have to tell you about every phone call he makes?
  • Options
    I wouldn't worry about the phonecall, I'm always getting in touch with old friends in a completely non sexual way, just asking how life is going etc. - and would be mortified if I had a partner who took offense to that. However the dating website is potentially an issue, but it really depends what happened. When I was in a relationship I put my details up on hotornot.com just to see what people thought of me - vain I know - but I was certainly not after anything untoward.

Maybe he was on there to get some attention, maybe get some messages saying 'hi, i saw your pic, you look hot'. The best way to find out would be to ask him, and also you can take the opportunity to better explain your concerns to him as communication is the key to any relationship really.