Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Girlie Issues

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Am really stuck at the moment as seem to be going round in circles with the gp and the nhs.

Basically i've got a cervical errosion and i need a colposcopy. That's fine, had it before, not worried. Also need another smear test at same time as it came back inadequate result.
But for the last 5/6 weeks (since my smear) i've been really struggling with soreness and basic thrush like symptoms. I've been to my doctors several times but got told they can't see a problem, just use canestan (even though it's not working). My doc decided he didn't need to bother with a swab test and just shuffled me out the door.

I had all my std tests done about 7 weeks ago now and they all came back clear so i went back to the doctor who did those and he did a swab test for me and said there's nothing evident apart from maybe a slightly higher level of bacteria and it's not a long term problem but it's not thrush or anything else.

The general consencus was to wait until my colposcopy and they could obviously take a more indepth look. Well the hospital cancelled my first appointment and tried to cancel my second one but i said i wasn't willing to wait. Went in, waited an hour for the doc, told him about the soreness etc. and so went in for the colposcopy. The bloke was brutal to say the least. :( I've had lots of smears and colposcopys done in the past and none hurt like this one, i'm a pretty hard to upset with this sort of thing. He couldn't see what he needed to see so kept shoving it down and then shoving back up again. Then turned round and said well you need a smear test first before i can do any work and since i've made you bleed i can't do it today so come back in 6 weeks. Then just walked off. So all weekend i've been nicely aching and also he's made the soreness worse through yanking me about. He was well aware i needed the smear test doing as i told him and well aware i'd been struggling with soreness.

So basically i'm now stuck as i really don't want to go back to this bloke but having never been in this situation before i'm wondering what's best to do.
Do i go back to my docs, explain i'm still struggling with pain and then explain that i really do not want to see this gynae bloke again? Would they be able to let me swap docs or even hospitals? I guess it's just made the situation worse as been getting more and more pissed off with the soreness as 6 weeks is a long time for this to go on.

Sorry for the moan, just feel a bit stuck as to what to do.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You can absolutely ask to be referred elsewhere. Different doctor, different hospital, even different area if you want!

I switched from Leeds hospitals to Sheffield and couldn't be more pleased with the care I've had since. I definitely think it's worth it. :)