Home General Chat Creative Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

One for the geeks: Sci-fi Matrix fan-fiction

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm embracing the geek in me (he needs a hug from time to time) and posting up a bunch of writing I did over the course of about three years.
Here's the preface to it all, and then the link.

Suffice it to say, if you weren't really into the Matrix franchise in a big way, there's a high probability that you won't find any of this remotely interesting ;)
In 1999, the Wachowski brothers unleashed a film that would change things in a big way for cinema, most notably in the special effects realm, but also on a much deeper level. The story was simple on the surface, enough to satisfy most casual cinema-goers, but digging beneath revealed layers upon layers of hidden meanings, religious undertones and philosophies that would give birth to debates for years to come and encourage some of the greatest philosophers of our time to offer up their thoughts.

There followed a further two films in the new millenium, finally culminating in a Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game called The Matrix Online (or MxO as it is known by its players).

This game allowed players to assume the role of a ‘redpill’; a human freed from the Matrix, joining the universe after the final film, The Matrix Revolutions, had ended.

I was - and still am to some extent - a massive Matrix geek. Everything about the films (aside from some of the really deep philosophical and religious stuff) spoke to me in a big way, and after a dry-spell spanning many years, I was inspired to start writing again.

If you’re going to read these, I suppose it would help if you had some understanding of the Matrix, or at least liked it a bit. Otherwise a lot of this is going to seem like complete nonsense to you …

Click here and scroll down for 24 entries. They're posted in chronological order, and get longer and more involved the further you go