Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Descrimination?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi

Recently I was employed as a part time worker at a small, new buisness.

I worked to help set the store up, and also on the weekend when the store opened. Then, I did not receive a call to ask me to come in again.
I went to the store to ask when I would be working, the owner said she'd call me but she did not.

I have not been officialy fired, but I am simply being ignored. I feel I was very suitable for the job and the only reason I can think of for them not wanting me to work there is that I do not fit the criteria of being a) white or b) blonde - unlike all the other workers.

Basically it seems they used me until they found someone else to take my position.

Any advice on what to do?

(I have to go confront the manager as I have not been paid for the hours I worked)

Comments

• Options
    Did you sign a contract, or did you discuss the hours you would be expected to work when you started the job?
  • Options
    Yeah, I signed a contract and she told me I'd be working around 3 days per week...
    (But this wasn't in the contract)
  • Options
    Hi guys sorry to bother again, but I'd really appreciate any help on this matter!!

PS
    I know I spelt discrimination wrong, but there's no way to edit the title...
  • Options
    It sounds like the kind of thing it would be worth trying askTheSite with. Over on the main bit of TheSite there's a thing where you can submit questions for expert advice. Obviously when you do that you need to try and supply as many specific details as possible.
  • Options
    ^ Ok, great, thanks very much! =]