Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How long was it before you fell in love?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So I met my girlfriend three months ago now, and it's going amazingly well. We got on from the first moment, even though my spanish wasnt good to express everything i wanted to say, and we were both incredibly nervous and blocked. Basically since the second week we met, we have seen each other every day, for the last two months we have slept in the same bed everynight, we go for lunch together, spend the weekends together, have even gone on holiday together already.

I know that this seems incredibly obsessive, but first of all we're both girls, and girls that like to be romantic, we were completely honest about our feelings for eachother, and can never find a reason N0T to see eachother. Also we are from different countries, living in an intermediary city and language, we both knew that eventually we would have to part ways after the summer, and so wanted to make the most of our time together.

Even though I have always been incredibly distant in past relationships, and was absolutely not looking for something serious when I first met her, I knew I was in love with her, probably after about 6 weeks of knowing her, and she blurted it out during an orgasm about three weeks after that :)

I was just curious as to how other peoples relationships progressed in the first few months, and how long you took to fall in love?

Comments

• Options
    it took me about a month, although my boyfriend fell in love with me after 2 weeks
  • Options
    Took me ages to fall for my "first love"...fell for current boyfriend in about a month, and I though that was quick!
  • Options
    talia wrote: »
    So I met my girlfriend three months ago now, and it's going amazingly well. We got on from the first moment, even though my spanish wasnt good to express everything i wanted to say, and we were both incredibly nervous and blocked. Basically since the second week we met, we have seen each other every day, for the last two months we have slept in the same bed everynight, we go for lunch together, spend the weekends together, have even gone on holiday together already.

I know that this seems incredibly obsessive, but first of all we're both girls, and girls that like to be romantic, we were completely honest about our feelings for eachother, and can never find a reason N0T to see eachother. Also we are from different countries, living in an intermediary city and language, we both knew that eventually we would have to part ways after the summer, and so wanted to make the most of our time together.

Even though I have always been incredibly distant in past relationships, and was absolutely not looking for something serious when I first met her, I knew I was in love with her, probably after about 6 weeks of knowing her, and she blurted it out during an orgasm about three weeks after that :)

I was just curious as to how other peoples relationships progressed in the first few months, and how long you took to fall in love?

You posted about her in another thread ages ago didnt you when you was on balcony near sea?
    Aww that great im so happy for you god 3 month already.
    Love at first sight for me
  • Options
    Aj fan wrote: »
    You posted about her in another thread ages ago didnt you when you was on balcony near sea?
    Aww that great im so happy for you god 3 month already.
    Love at first sight for me

Fankoooo :)
  • Options
    It happens pretty immediate for me, or never.. Let's say a few days, or a few days not seeing her to realize I miss her and how much I want her.
  • Options
    After about 2 months and a half of being together, but i fell i love with him about 2 weeks before we told eachother.

But when we first met (met him over a social networking site, and was talking for about 3/4 months before hand) it wasnt love at first site, but it was a 'i know im going to fall in love with you as we progress' kinda thanggg
  • Options
    Took me about 2-3 months with my ex, currently seeing this girl for about a month. Have really strong feelings for her but haven't said it yet. I don't think you should say "I love you" to someone if you're just in an infatuation stage of the relationship.
  • Options
    I thought I was being a bit "keen" falling in love with mine so quickly but it seems I'm almost average!
  • Options
    Curvy_lass wrote: »
    I thought I was being a bit "keen" falling in love with mine so quickly but it seems I'm almost average!

I was the same! But i suppose you just know when you are in love.
  • Options
    It was fairly instant, but then it usually is, and we'd been good friends for eight months beforehand too. I think I told him after about a month and he told me maybe a week later? I can't remember, but I know it was while Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol was playing so that's 'our song'.

I'm glad it's going well for you, talia :).
  • Options
    I so rarely feel that strong an emotional response to someone that on the one time it's happened it was a pretty quick reaction. I just knew after a couple of weeks that i'd happily spend my life with him. And for a committment phobe like me that was definitely love :yes:
    Currently seeing someone and starting to realise i have pretty deep feelings for him even after only a short time but will definitely be keeping those to myself for the moment :)
  • Options
    About 3 weeks, but I had know him for years, so I had a head start.
  • Options
    Not that long, but I couldn't honestly say for certain. Love and lust seem so similar.
  • Options
    I think Im slowly falling in love,so I guess its pretty quickly for me.(Ive never been in love before so have never said or heard it before.:blush: )
    Not that Im going to say it to her first.:razz:
  • Options
    i wasn't really interested in my bloke when he asked me out, i'd known him for about 8 months because we worked at the same place at the weekend and we were good mates. he managed to convince me that we should give it a go and i thought i would because i couldn't think of a good reason why not. he said he loved me after about a month, but i don't know if he meant it or just thought he did. i realised i loved him after about three months and now we are all loved up and have been together 8 months :love:
  • Options
    Dark X wrote: »
    Not that Im going to say it to her first.:razz:

Men :rolleyes:

With both guys i've been with i'd say after a couple of months.

With my first bf i was quite young and naive and really fell for him alot... with this guy, i love him but i think i have a more mature perspective on it than before
  • Options
    My first long term relationship, i thought i was in love with the guy, but a few years later when i met my ex (longest relationship) i realised it was just infatuation. I fell in love with my ex after about 6 months i would guess.