Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I really need some advice on what to do

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Could really do with some advice on my relationship. I am with this guy i met in America. When we got together it was him that did all the chasing and said he loved me, came over to England to see me. Then he started mentioning marrige which sounded great because i have really falen in love with him, and we talked about getting our own ranch together.

I have been in America with him helping him on the ranch, everything was going great then he started getting moody and wouldn't talk to me. He talked to me a few weeks later saying he feels i have taken advantage of him because i didn't offer to put any fuel in his truck and i hadn't done much cooking. I found it hard learning the american style of cooking compared to the english, but i still try and do all the cleaning and when he came over to england i paid for everything for him, he did't spend a penny.

I know he hasn't been in a relationship for a long time, and we work and live together, which makes things harder. But he has changed and hardly talks to me now, and everything i do is wrong, he never cuddles me or says he loves me unless i say it first. I am getting so upset and stressed but its as if he doesn't care, what shall i do :banghead:

Comments

• Options
    it's the cliched answer but you really need to talk things over with him. pick a moment when neither of you has to dash off to do anything afterwards and try to bring up the issues you've raised in your post in a non-confrontational way. difficult, i know, when you're getting frustrated, but that's the best way to actual have a helpful conversation rather than just flinging recriminations backwards and forwards.

things may just be getting pressurised because you live AND work together. maybe you need to make time to do "coupley" things like going out to dinner or to the cinema, or even just for walks when you don't talk about work.

hope you can get things sorted out, best of luck :)
  • Options
    Thanx

Thanks for that, we have talked alot and we sort things out but then things don't change i really try on my behalf, but i get nothing back.

I'll just see how things pan out, i'll let you know how i get on

Thanks again:)