Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Depressed because of a friend

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My best friend self harms, doesn't eat and smokes. She's 15. She was starting to get better. She'd only harmed herself once in the past 3 months, was eating half her dinner every day and only smoked once a week and was planning on giving up. Then her mum and dad had an argument. Her dad walked out and her mum told him to never come back then blamed it all on my friend. So she told me about it and came to me for help.
I don't mind helping her but lately it's starting to get to me. I found myself getting a pair of scissors and cutting my wrists to see what it felt like. I get depressed randomly and I cry whenever I can't stop her from hurting herself.
I don't know what to do. I need help to help her help herself. She won't go see a doctor. I'm scared and feel helpless :crying: please please help.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    re

Hi Rorybabe,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with the forum. It sounds like your having a tough time supporting your mate and maintaining your own safety in the process. It can bevery difficult supporting someone through difficulties especially when your mate seems reluctant to go to her GP and is self harming regularly. Here is some information on self harm in order for you to understand what self harm is and what makes a person feel like they want to do it.
    Remember to keep yourself safe during this time, is there anyone you can speak to like a parent, teacher or youth worker??this may help ease the stress on you, a problem shared!.
    Thanks for sharing, keep posting:wave: