Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Always feeling tired

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
For the last 3 weeks ive been feeling alot more tired. My diet hasn't changed i'm also sleeping alot longer to i sleep 12 hours but i go to the loo about 2 to 3 times a night for a pee. Its doing my head in :banghead: i havent got any enegy could there be something wrong?

Comments

• Options
    Are you taking any medication? that might be the reason.
  • Options
    Just a suggestion, is there any way you could be pregnant?
  • Options
    Sounds to me like it could be diabetes?
  • Options
    It's a sure sign of depression thats one thing I know, find more motivating stuff to do, or if it is more a different health issue, get to the docs and complain.
  • Options
    nope i'm not pregnant or on medication i was deppressed when my nan passed away but i'm over that now.
    I think i shoud go to the doctors i'm falling apart ive got a sore foot and i'm always cold an very tired.
    Thanks everyone :):):)
  • Options
    custard wrote: »
    nope i'm not pregnant or on medication i was deppressed when my nan passed away but i'm over that now.
    I think i shoud go to the doctors i'm falling apart ive got a sore foot and i'm always cold an very tired.
    Thanks everyone :):):)

You havent crossed out diabetes yet, that could be it, eek.
  • Options
    You havent crossed out diabetes yet, that could be it, eek.

But it might not be... I don't think saying eek is particulally helpful. :rolleyes:

For example it could be anemia or a number of other things.

If you're peeing a lot in the night... have you got any other symptoms of a bladder infection or something... cos being run down without realising it could also cause tiredness.

Definitly see a doctor if it isn't improving any.
  • Options
    Definitely go to the doctors, and in the meantime to try and energise yourself, make sure you get out in the sunlight early in the morning, say 7.30am, and only go to bed once it gets dark. Do you live near woods or the sea you can go for a walk by? Also try tai chi or yoga - both good for getting energy moving round your body.
  • Options
    I felt exactly like this when I was pregnant, but you say your not so it's not that. Do you find you have a temperature? A temp can be a sign of an infection. It's unusual for something to come on so quickly, thats why I thought of pregnancy. Increased urination can be a urinary tract infection, or bladder infection. I know there's nothing worse! Cystitis usually has a burning sensation, so if you don't identify with any of these it's best to go to your doctor.
  • Options
    re

hey custard,:)

It sounds like youve picked the most sensible option with going to the doctor. Many conditions can have similar symptoms so it maybe easy to speculate as to what the problem is, the doctor should be more closely able to disipher whats up.

thanks for you post and good luck!:wave:
  • Options
    custard wrote: »
    For the last 3 weeks ive been feeling alot more tired. My diet hasn't changed i'm also sleeping alot longer to i sleep 12 hours but i go to the loo about 2 to 3 times a night for a pee. Its doing my head in :banghead: i havent got any enegy could there be something wrong?

I'm plagued with much of this too, although I'm suffering from depression. It could easily be anaemia, maybe diabetes. I've had lots of tests in the past, looking for these things though and it has turned out negative every time.

I think seeing your doctor is the best thing, really.
  • Options
    Perhaps it's simply down to the fact that you are sleeping so long. 12 hours is WAY too much, under normal circumstances.
  • Options
    Have you had any weight gain custard?

Only reason I mention it is that your symptoms also match that of an under-active thyroid, specifically the always feeling cold thing.

Easy to test for though so if you go to the Doctors they may well send you for a blood test!

Let us know how you get on.

xx