Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

The parents + engage conversion = ?!?!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've been going out with this girl for about 6 months now, and i'm only 15. And her father is inviting me to his birthday bash with the family .. 0_o. Lol it's at some pizza place and i'm shizzing bricks over this, seriously. I've had to talk to her parents before and it's been totally awkward and just a mess of a conversation. It was barely a conversation, just me saying the wrong thing over and over because of my stutter. I know it's the same for everyone but for me it's like, a million times worse because my stutter is s-s-ssoo bad sometimes =/.

I have been going through all the ways to not have to go to the birthday bash.. and the only applausable outcome is to dddddummp her :eek: :eek: :eek: . Hahaa, i'll probably be flamed for even thinking this by anyone now. Me = bad person =/=/.

Any tips or advice would be muchly appreciated.. thank you ^^

Comments

• Options
    Have you told your girlfriend that her parents scare the shit out of you?
  • Options
    All i can say is try and get things in perspective. I'm sure they're not the world's worst people and they won't think bad of you because you have a stutter so if you think rationally theres not that much to worry about. I'm sure everyone gets nervous in these situations but i think dumping her is going a bit overboard. Just be yourself, they will understand you being nervous.
  • Options
    I wouldnt worry at all, her parents are hardly likely to be expecting the worlds best conversationist are they.
    Just sit there, be polite, speak when spoken to and be sure to remember all the little gems of stories that her dad will no doubt bestow upon you about his wonderful daughter who once wet herself in the supermarket/got a bird stuck in her hair/farted in front of the queen etc. (all dads have them as standard!)
  • Options
    Depending on how many people are going, you might hardly have to talk to them anyway. Why not have a word with your girlfriend, just let her now how nervous you are (girls find that cute ;) ) and see if she can sit you somewhere where you won't be right next to her parents?

Remember to be polite. Try to ask questions which will lead to long answers, so that you don't have to do that much talking AND you'll seem interested. Above all, relax. It's sweet of her dad to ask you and he won't be expecting you to be the life and soul; after all, it's his birthday!