Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

self harm

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi, I would just like to say that I have tried pretty much every way of stopping my self harming but nothing seems to help.
I am feeling so horrible about myself and the fact that I am covered in scars really doesnt help and I am also very over weight which I dont seem to be able to shift, I know I have a lot of issues to sort out to be able to stop the self harming but how do I even start when my life is so crap now and everyone around me tells me how pathetic I am and what a failure I am all the time I feel it would just be better to give up I know thats the cowards way out but that is obviously what I am because I really cant take anymore.
I was at the hospital again last night with a really deep cut that a surgeon ended up having to fix, they are just getting worse and worse.
Right I am sorry I am just ranting here now

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Gosh, dude

Ok, you posted this:

Hi, I would just like to say that I have tried pretty much every way of stopping my self harming but nothing seems to help.
    I am feeling so horrible about myself and the fact that I am covered in scars really doesnt help and I am also very over weight which I dont seem to be able to shift, I know I have a lot of issues to sort out to be able to stop the self harming but how do I even start when my life is so crap now and everyone around me tells me how pathetic I am and what a failure I am all the time I feel it would just be better to give up I know thats the cowards way out but that is obviously what I am because I really cant take anymore.
    I was at the hospital again last night with a really deep cut that a surgeon ended up having to fix, they are just getting worse and worse.
    Right I am sorry I am just ranting here now

No matter what you look like you should never feel like this, I mean, nobody is ugly- nobody.
    To start 'the healing process' you should do what one of our teachers encouraged us to do. Most of us said we wouldn't but I can ensure you most of us did and felt better.

So yeah, what you do is stand infront of a mirror, naked or whatever and you hold you head with one hand and your heart with the other and you say over and over 'I love me'

It sounds stupid but it really isn't, it works.

And also, you are not a failure, you just human- not everybody thinks you are pathetic. I don't know you and I don't think your pathetic or a failure.

Just so you know, and I'm sure you already do- your not the only one in this situation. I was there, my friends were there and even my mother was there. I'm not going to say its a phase because quite frankly it happens over and over. Some people it just doesn't go away for. It does fade though, and the good feelings are dominent.

But life does have its good days so when they happen write them down so when your down you can look back on them.

Heres what I done:
    I done the mirror thing (laughs)
    I made some new friends
    I started helping other people and that made me feel so much better
    I began eating less and going out more
    I took up a hobby (skateboarding)
    I done more of what I was good at and less of what I was bad at.

NOTE: Avoid certain help. More so at school because you can be applied to everywhere that won't help you and social services stay with you for longer than needed. If you have siblings it also puts them at risk. I'm not sure how you spell it but there is this place where I go to hillshore or whatever. Ask about it.
    I will research it for you, they help you and tell you where you need to 'perk' up and then actually take you places allowing you to do that.

I babbled away there but I hopee some of it helps you :heart: :thumb: