Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

hair breakage

eurgh. im sick of my hair. its actually getting ridiculous now.

it just keeps snapping. like, i've just brushed my hair and ive got tiny snapped hairs everywhere.

i heavily condition my hair so its not like im forcing the brush through it.

it falls out easily, it breaks easily.

what can i do to strengthen it? :(
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Dumb%20Blonde%20Reconstructor.jpg

best £15 you'll ever spend.
  • Options
    sounds good but can it be used on dark hair?

i have dark hair with caramel highlights.
  • Options
    sounds good but can it be used on dark hair?

i have dark hair with caramel highlights.

Yup, it's not just for blondies. It's got keratine or something in it, my hairdresser recommended it when I bleached my hair then dyed it blonde when it used to break and be like straw.

Just put it on and wrap your head in clingfilm overnight and then shampoo/condition as normal the next day. Do it every 4 days, you'll have smexy hair again, promise. :)
  • Options
    aussie 3 minute miricle left on over night should do the trick...
  • Options
    1983 wrote: »
    Dumb%20Blonde%20Reconstructor.jpg

best £15 you'll ever spend.

I personally found Dumb Blonde to be rubbish. Kerastase products are much better. I used ot have really weak hair when I was blonde and I used the green Kerasatase "bains de force" and this was brilliant.

Also check your diet too. If it's soemthing that's suddenly happening and you don't bleach your hair then it could be to do with that.
  • Options
    God i LOVE aussie shampoo esp the 3 minute colour mircle too try strengthing shampoo +conditioners too.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote: »
    I personally found Dumb Blonde to be rubbish. Kerastase products are much better. I used ot have really weak hair when I was blonde and I used the green Kerasatase "bains de force" and this was brilliant.

Also check your diet too. If it's soemthing that's suddenly happening and you don't bleach your hair then it could be to do with that.

me too, iv got a nearly full bottle of it in my bathroom cupboard cos i thought it was just crap!

i might try the kerastase stuff, iv heard lots of good stuff about it.
  • Options
    I've not read all the posts so sorry if I repeat anything.

I've heard using a natural shampoo (no chemicals ect) is good for your hair and not washing for too long and focussing mainly on scalp and the mid lengths and not so much the ends.

Then using a deep conditioning treatment (find one that works well for you) try looking at 'Andreaschoice' on youtube a girl who does tutorials about all this hair stuff!

Also buying satin pillowcases, as cotton ones take the moisture from hair, using oil on the ends, like 'Biosilk' will also help, not brushing when wet, using heat protectant.

Not using snaggy hair bands, being carefull with your hair, not brushing loads and not using too much heat, for example don't use a hair dryer if you know you're gonna straighten.

a good idea is if you do straighten your hair, is to exeperiment with your naturual hair type, trying to find ways around the hairstraightener and leave the straightener for special occassions.

Getting a trim regularly will help too, I say if you hair is in really bad condition go and get all the bad bits chopped off start of fresh! Then use some of these techniques and hopefully it shall of improved

Apparently those baby brushes are good for your hair!

oh and mayonaise on your hair is really conditioning apparently becuase it's protein for the hair :?