Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Dead End

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
When I first started College (1 and 1/2 years ago) and met a new group friends, I felt great and life was good.

I met 1 person in particular, and he became my best friend. After a couple of months, he started to belittle me at any chance he got. He started putting me down and such, this started to get worse. He is a self centered drama queen who is way paranoid and hypocritical. Because of this, we've had so many arguments. He pushed me away. In September, I got close to someone else. We've become really good friends, in fact, I consider him as my best friend.

My other friend has gotten jealous, puts me down even more and as a result, I look miserable at College. I don't all the time, I like to have a laugh and joke and can be often find in hysterics for the smallest things. He keeps saying I look depressed, when I don't. The more he says this, I actually start to look depressed. it's getting me really down, I can never win an argument with him, he always has to be right even when he is in the wrong.

He's started to take the piss out of me, and tags me in photos on Facebook. I'm not talking about photos of me, tings like 'Blob fish' and 'purple monster' etc. He kept doing it and doing it, so I ended up removing him as a friend. He then apologized so I added him again.

Anyway, I was at my friends house (the one I started to get close to) and myself and another friend was reading his chat logs that he's had with the idiot friend.

The amount of BITCHING is unbelievable. He didn't want us to read his chat logs at first but caved in. I was curious to know what they had been talking about. I was deeply hurt, both of them in full bitch mode about me. Not one convo, but several.

These past few months, my confidence has dropped from 100 - 0. My personality died. I can't be myself anymore and this is just the icing on the cake.
I don't know what to do, I just feel lost and alone. I'm at a dead end and I just turn to alcohol.

Comments

• Options
    Why are you even friends with this arse?
  • Options
    g_angel wrote: »
    Why are you even friends with this arse?

I agree. Find new friends! :)
  • Options
    argg so your new friend has been bitching about you to your old friend?? nightmare.

Hmmm is there anyone else you can hang around with? these two don't sound like nice people if they are talking about you behind your back
  • Options
    Ill be your friend :)
  • Options
    Hi Kemmeh, Welcome to the site and thanks for your post. Am sorry to hear that you are experiencing such a difficult time with your friends.

A place to start with this situation would be to question Why and what makes this person a good friend? Write down a list of all the positive things and all the negative. Think about what impact this friendship is having on your life.
    It may be a possibility that you realise you don't want to spend time with this person anymore.

What is important is that you feel empowered to stand up to this person without being dominated by any personalities. It is also important that you have the right to voice your opinions and be heard.

I have included a link that you may find helpful.
    http://www.thesite.org/sexandrelationships/familyandfriends
  • Options
    I do enjoy spending time with him, we have a good laugh and get into hysterics together over the small things that other people wouldn't find funny.

I just don't know if he meant what he said when he bitched, just to shut the other guy up.