Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I've lost my confidence...and i'm losing the plot...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i've been gradually loosing confidence in pretty much all aspects of my life - my coursework, my creative output, my capability of being able to actually look after myself and live in the real world without flipping out at silly things.

I don't have a lot of things in my life asides a few friends (who are spread out across the country) which keep me going. I've got no support from my uni, my doctor, or my so called family.

i'm feeling lost and i'm getting sick of battling on...

Comments

• Options
    i've been gradually loosing confidence in pretty much all aspects of my life - my coursework, my creative output, my capability of being able to actually look after myself and live in the real world without flipping out at silly things.

I don't have a lot of things in my life asides a few friends (who are spread out across the country) which keep me going. I've got to support from my uni, my doctor, or my so called family.

i'm feeling lost and i'm getting sick of battling on...

All I can say is that I am going through exactly the same thing. Like yourself, a have only a few friends to keep me going. To be honest, uni has been doing this to me for a few years! I feel like the harder I try the less I get out of it. Yes, I got accepted onto a creative writing postgrad, but I still feel like it's almost futile - like they'll try and take something out of me that I don't even have.

But basically, I think what helps me best is giving myself time out. It's so important to take a day or two just to chill. So I'll have a really pampering bath, do a little bit of window shopping, treat myself to some yummy cake, watch my favourite films. It sounds so stupid and silly but I swear it works. So rarely now do I give myself a chance to switch off that when I do it feels amazing and it's good to relax!
  • Options
    Currently I'm in the same situation as you and it really is a kick in the pants.

I've lost the love of my life due to silly circumstances, I hate my job, I've lost the passion for DJing, my friends are scarce these days due to girlfriends or travelling around the world and my family always suggest I should "Stop complaining".

There's not much we can all do other than take it one step at a time and see what we should try to fix first.

I know thats not a quick fix but I can't fix myself at the moment but maybe as a collective we can do a "strangers on a train" scenario.

Chin up! :thumb:
  • Options
    Don't worry if you think your losing the plot I have lost the plot.
    I ahve no confidence either. I hate not having confidence I used to have loads.
  • Options
    Hi hun,

This rings so true with me. I was carrying on as usual a bit stressed and worried but nothing major until one day I just completely fell apart. Glad you have the support of your uni as mine is being really funny with me about it (which does not help). All I can say is take it one day at a time and never apologise for how you feel, then one day hopefully everything will make sense again x x
  • Options
    Ive got no confidence anymore and my life is so messed up and after loseing my nan everything came crashing down at once. I can't eat or sleep i want everything to be how it was but i'm staying strong i don't know why or how but everyone got hidden strenth some where.
    Hope you feel better soon take care
  • Options
    Hi hun,

This rings so true with me. I was carrying on as usual a bit stressed and worried but nothing major until one day I just completely fell apart. Glad you have the support of your uni as mine is being really funny with me about it (which does not help). All I can say is take it one day at a time and never apologise for how you feel, then one day hopefully everything will make sense again x x
    sorry my typo - i haven't got support from uni, or drs or what every i could call family
  • Options
    sorry my typo - i haven't got support from uni, or drs or what every i could call family

Well you got the support of us! I do feel for you as unfortunately your in the sort of same boat as me and it really is crap.

Anytime you want to vent, just whack a post or a PM!