Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Fuck It!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i just self harmed again
everything just got to me today
coursework, friends, everything, i can't stand the shit i put up with anymore
so fucking angry at myself, at my family, even though its not their fault
i just don't know what to do
I'm not feeling low as i have, just everything is getting to me, the fact that the girl i like is taken, i seriously hate my life atm, its utter shit

sorry, i just have no one to talk to and this kinda helps
i just have no idea what to do, just everything is getting me down or angry, the anger i can deal with, but the rest, i don;t know how to apart from self harming and i don't wanna do that

thanks for reading, it helps to get this sort of thing off my chest

Comments

• Options
    have you tried writing all your feelings- in detail down. get it out your system? are you a creative person? if so turn that anger to your advantage and draw/paint/express you feelings! go crazy! -works for me. even if you dont think you are that creative try doodling or something like that. you might surprise yourself!
    :thumb: *as i heard someone say the other day* Keep ya peckers up!
  • Options
    I find running (like you were going jogging) reallllly realllly fast until you are out of breath quite good- for me the SH is a kind of 'punishment' and sometimes this works for me
  • Options
    re

Hi Curly Boy,:)

Well done for recognising in yourself that coming to the site is something good for you when your feeling like this. It sounds like you want to get something out of your system and you dont know how to do that. Like dr _chimpenstien has mentioned maybe writing down what you feel may help you feel better or perhaps channeling you energy into something active may use up that pent up energy. I hope these suggestions help.

Thanks again for you're post , let us know how your getting on:wave:
  • Options
    I know how you feel. I keep trying to give it up, but it seems the more I try to give it up, the more life decides to throw more shit at me. I don't want to see someone about it, they'll just label it as teenage hormones right? And when my dad yells at me I feel like screaming "You're the fucking reason I cut myself!" but I can't tell him that, because he's not the reason, I'm just mad at him.

I've been searching for a method, something that works for me. As dr_chimpenstien said, turning it into something creative helps. I write myself, and in some of my darker moments, I've written some good stories, beautiful poetry, and even a few songs. I also tried running, like skakitty said and it does work. But I run alone until my heartbeat is pounding in my ears, and it's a struggle to breathe, my legs can't take anymore and I'm amazinly far from home. It could be classed as another form of self-harm I suppose, but it doesn't draw blood, and that's what matters to me. I feel like I deserve pain when I'm depressed, this pain works for me.

Good luck, I know it's hard, and there are some weaker moments when you will cut yourself, but you have to keep moving forward.