Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Suicidal?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am in a really low place all I keep thinking is of ways that I could kill myself. All I want right now is to die. I feel if I was dead I would be happy finally and others would be too.
I am not scared of death for some reason I look forward to death. And I also can't stop crying.

I don't know what do to... except to go through with it. :crying:

Comments

• Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hey cool2play22,

I'm so sorry to hear you're feeling this low. I know from other threads you've had lots of bouts of feeling down and have been through some difficult times.

The thing to try and remember is no matter how bad you feel, there's always a place to turn. It's great that you feel able to post here when you're feeling this way, and you may also find it helps to thrash out your thoughts in an email to jo@samaritans.org - there are caring people on hand to respond to those emails. Or you could ring the helpline on 08457 909090

Also, crying doesn't have to be a negative thing - it can leave you feeling exhausted, but it can also be a good release. Where are you at the moment?
  • Options
    i urge you not to kill youself. it doesnt solve anything.
    i agree that crying isnt a weakness at all
  • Options
    Well I did try it again. Last night I took all the Paracetamol in the house. I like conked out straight away. I now today feel so sick and my stomach is killing me. But I can't seem to be sick. So I guess they are staying inside me.
    And with the help lines I am kind of scared of calling them or anyone at that kind of point. Because I get myself in such a state.
  • Options
    Well I did try it again. Last night I took all the Paracetamol in the house. I like conked out straight away. I now today feel so sick and my stomach is killing me. But I can't seem to be sick. So I guess they are staying inside me.
    And with the help lines I am kind of scared of calling them or anyone at that kind of point. Because I get myself in such a state.

Get to a doctor. Now. I don't joke. Paracetamol fucks your liver so bad if you take too many. No wonder you feel sick.

And there are people you can email instead of call.
  • Options
    Na I will live unfortunatly. I have done it before and I feel just like I did all those times and I hate Doctors. Like I totally hate them.
    I just can't believe I woke up this morning.
  • Options
    You still need to get to a doctor or A&E NOW. Paracetamol takes along time to take effect and once the damage is done is irreversable
  • Options
    I don't really care. I wabnt to die.
  • Options
    Na I will live unfortunatly. I have done it before and I feel just like I did all those times and I hate Doctors. Like I totally hate them.
    I just can't believe I woke up this morning.

Hmm...I guess it's your decision. But you're in danger of really messing up your insides, that's all I'm going to say.

Do you live on your own?
  • Options
    No, I live with my mum and brother. But my mum doesn't know that I have taken them.
  • Options
    No, I live with my mum and brother. But my mum doesn't know that I have taken them.

Maybe you should tell her. In case something happens. You don't have to tell her that you ODed deliberately but I think you should say that you took too many so she can be on the lookout for you being ill.
  • Options
    I think this is really sad, sorry if i'm offending, but i just dont understand...

My sister is also like this she is always unhappy and fights with me and my mum saying she wished we were dead, ''go jump off a bridge'', etc. and its really upsetting my mum ive got to the stage that i dont care anymore because we've lived with it for so long!! Anything that goes wrong she will say '' i blame you''

She is only 17 and very very spoilt, gets everything done and bought for her, even 'special requests' at dinner time its mad, unbelievable!!

Shes tried to commit suicide a number of times now from cutting her wrist and so on i can only put it down to depression but seems more like attention seeking??
  • Options
    jaiden wrote: »
    I think this is really sad, sorry if i'm offending, but i just dont understand...

My sister is also like this she is always unhappy and fights with me and my mum saying she wished we were dead, ''go jump off a bridge'', etc. and its really upsetting my mum ive got to the stage that i dont care anymore because we've lived with it for so long!! Anything that goes wrong she will say '' i blame you''

She is only 17 and very very spoilt, gets everything done and bought for her, even 'special requests' at dinner time its mad, unbelievable!!

Shes tried to commit suicide a number of times now from cutting her wrist and so on i can only put it down to depression but seems more like attention seeking??

It's difficult to decide because some times it is attention seeking, and sometimes it is genuine depression. Either way, I think that the person needs help. If you're seeking attention to the point of harming yourself then you still need support.
  • Options
    Nohing in life is that bad to take ur own life, u can always be helped!
  • Options
    jaiden wrote: »
    Nohing in life is that bad to take ur own life, u can always be helped!

It's all very well saying that. But depression is an illness which completely overwhelms you. I've known people who have been so low they have attempted suicide and at the time there is nothing else they can think about apart from ending things. That is not to say that I, as an outsider can't see the innumerable things that are positive in their life, because I can, but they can't. And that's the point. Often if you're suicidal you don't want to seek help because you can't see the point of it, you just want to die. Even though help is out there, the nature of the illness means that even that is beyond your reach.
  • Options
    I think jaiden was just trying to cheer people up and help.
  • Options
    I think the word 'attention seeking' has got bad connotations, i mean when someone is depressed, and tries to overdose- that, in a way, is attention seeking...but not in the spoilt 'me me me' way... but in the way of 'this has got so bad, i can't cope, please help me' way. I think it's important to distinguish between negative attention seeking (just doing something to get what they want/ get a reaction) and genuine need.
  • Options
    Im sorry if this offends you but this is my opinion.
    I cant believe you want to die. your so lucky to be alive, imagine how much you parents went though just to bring you into the world and you want to undo all of that.
    You're/ everyone is lucky to be alive. My uncle has just passed away at 58. he's left a wife, 2 sister and many friends and relatives. He died of a bold clot, just suddenly went. They'd only just finished building their dream house together.
  • Options
    I understand being suicidal, for me it was 'i'm so useless, what worth am i to the world, i'm such a bother, people would be better off without me' which is not true... but when you are depressed, you don't have normal thinking pattens, hence it being an illness that requires urgent treatment. When you are in that state of mind, there is no use saying 'think of the other people that don't choose to die' because it makes you spiral even more into negative thinking like 'oh god i'm so selfish.. i can't even think of other people before myself' etc.

This ish how i've found my thought pattens to be anyhow.
  • Options
    Well after I took an overdose I was admitted into Hospital Friday night. Well I am home now. Have to go back on Monday. But I am so pleased to be home it was horrible there.
  • Options
    i'm glad you are ok hun. remember how much you didn't like it in there, use it as an insentive to fight to get better so that it doesn't have to happen again. x
  • Options
    Im sorry if this offends you but this is my opinion.
    I cant believe you want to die. your so lucky to be alive, imagine how much you parents went though just to bring you into the world and you want to undo all of that.
    You're/ everyone is lucky to be alive. My uncle has just passed away at 58. he's left a wife, 2 sister and many friends and relatives. He died of a bold clot, just suddenly went. They'd only just finished building their dream house together.

i think this is hugely offensive and i'm surprised it's still here.
    when a person is suicidal they are not thinking clearly, they are unwell and when things are at that stage you don't think about 'resting in the afterlife', your mind is in such a mess that you just want some kind of escape. yes it's selfish, but it isn't the person's fault, it's a terrible feeling to think that there is no hope for you. depression is such an overwhelming and distressing illness, it takes over people's lives and causes you to think in a way that is not sensible or rational, but it's an illness and if someone wants to commit suicide it's not to 'throw their life away', it's to escape the pain. it's a case of being desperate, not 'stupid'. i think it was pretty damn inappropriate to say what you said in this thread and i hope that you haven't upset too many people who are vulnerable and need our help.
  • Options
    ^^ agreed
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    omg hi wrote: »
    when a person is suicidal they are not thinking clearly, they are unwell and when things are at that stage you don't think about 'resting in the afterlife', your mind is in such a mess that you just want some kind of escape. yes it's selfish, but it isn't the person's fault, it's a terrible feeling to think that there is no hope for you. depression is such an overwhelming and distressing illness, it takes over people's lives and causes you to think in a way that is not sensible or rational, but it's an illness and if someone wants to commit suicide it's not to 'throw their life away', it's to escape the pain. it's a case of being desperate, not 'stupid'. i think it was pretty damn inappropriate to say what you said in this thread and i hope that you haven't upset too many people who are vulnerable and need our help.

Hey, just to say I've edited dr chimpenstiens post because I do think it shows a lack of understanding about how a person might be feeling and could both be upsetting and drive people away from this website.

I can well understand that it's difficult to comprehend why someone would feel as if taking their own life is a good idea, but at the same time we have to accept that's it's not to be understood in lots of ways because as omg_hi says it's not sensible or rational - it's an illness. For that reason, it's not fair to make some of the judgements or statements that were made.
  • Options
    omg hi wrote: »

I understand perfectly what it feels/ what you go through when your depressed. i myself have tried suicide. I wrote what i wrote so people can see whats its like from the other side. like i said, no offense intended, if your offended then im sorry.
    Im just saying that death is never the end of it. And i wouldnt wish it on anyone after the things ive seen