Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I need to understand whats wrong with me :/

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ive been feeling like this for almost a year now.
Thats what i remember anyway!
I cant work out why im like this, But im Angry with everything.
I can go from happy, to crying my eyes out in seconds.
I dont know why.
I lash out at my boyfriend physically and emotionally.
Im horrible to him and i dont know how he puts up with it.
But the minute i get that angry feeling its like im a different person. I cry everyday so much and i cant control my anger.
Things like a car door not closing properlly is making me angry and cry.
And its bad.
My GP wont listen, he reffered me to some anger management thing but they denied me saying i wasnt a right "candidate"
No one will listen or help.
But i know i need it.
Its more than just me being angry, i hurt all the time and feel life is just not worth living anymore.
If only i had the guts!
Can anyone give me an idea of whats going on?
Maybe someone else feels this way too?

Comments

• Options
    If you are not happy with your GP go to another GP. You don't have to put up with him fobbing you off. I think you are depressed & thats treatable. dealing with emotions can be hard, I lost a baby brfore Christmas but I've had to try to come to terms with it, or it would have ruined my life. Email the samaritans, they're good & usually email back within a day of two. I've read "the secret" by Rhonda Byrne, thats a good book, it helped me alot over the miscarriage. Before I had the miscarriage, I used to let everything little thing get to me, but losing the baby put everything in perspective. I look at thing differently now, for example, I would have gotten upset if the car door didn't close properly too, but now if it happens I think " why didn't it close that time, maybe there was a reason", eg the extra seconds it took to go & close it properly may be saving you from something worse. Please go to another doctor & explain exactly how you feel. Life is too short to not be happy. I wish you lots of luck. Let us know how you get on xxx
  • Options
    NavyBlue wrote: »
    If you are not happy with your GP go to another GP.

:yes:
    you are entitled to help and if the doctor you have seen didn't offer any then you can always go to another surgery or another doctor within your practice. some counselling might be helpful for you and you can ask your GP to refer you to a counsellor, or there are counsellors available through schools and colleges if you are studying.

Do you have anyone else you can talk to, any close friends or family? one way of tackling anger is to work through what triggers it, so that you can try to prevent it in future. you could try writing down the things that make you angry or things people do that aggrevate you, and then try to identify better ways of coping with them.

dealing with anger info from thesite
  • Options
    re

Hi Jadey123:)

Welcome to the site. Like what navyblue and omg hi have just said you can request a new GP and access counselling through your GP also. Looking at your anger triggers maybe helpful also. Here is some information on anger, i hope you find it helpful.http://www.thesite.org/healthandwellbeing/mentalhealth/otherconditions/dealingwithanger

please keep posting!:wave: