Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

abdominal pain and pale stools

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I had gastroenteritis 2 weeks ago and ever since my stools have been pale in colour and i have to pass them everyday even though i'm not eating very much, today i've had to go 4 times and have such bad abdominal cramps that aren't easing after going to the toilet. I'd go docs but it's too embarrassing

Comments

• Options
    I had gastroenteritis 2 weeks ago and ever since my stools have been pale in colour and i have to pass them everyday even though i'm not eating very much, today i've had to go 4 times and have such bad abdominal cramps that aren't easing after going to the toilet. I'd go docs but it's too embarrassing

Your kidneys aren't functioning properly oif it's pale.
    Get to the docs ...no way should this have been left this long.
    The dioc has seen it all before ...everyday.
  • Options
    Were/are you on any medication for it?

Doctors have heard and seen everything. It's their job to hear stuff like that so you shouldn't be embarrassed!
  • Options
    no i didn't take any medication, my nephew had been diagnosed with it and everyone in the house caught it i only had it for 48 hours. I lost my appetite for about a week and was only taking in about 700 calories a day as i just couldn't stomach it. I've lost weight which i wanted so i'm trying to maintain it. At the mo i'm eating more fruit and whetabix and other cereals and have stopped drinking as much caffeine and eating chocolate and takeaways. but i'm taking in about 1200 calories a day and feeling full with it.
  • Options
    no i didn't take any medication, my nephew had been diagnosed with it and everyone in the house caught it i only had it for 48 hours. I lost my appetite for about a week and was only taking in about 700 calories a day as i just couldn't stomach it. I've lost weight which i wanted so i'm trying to maintain it. At the mo i'm eating more fruit and whetabix and other cereals and have stopped drinking as much caffeine and eating chocolate and takeaways. but i'm taking in about 1200 calories a day and feeling full with it.

Well the change in diet such as fruit and weetabix may be why you are going to the loo more often as they contain lots of fibre. However you should go see a doctor if you're getting pain as well as a different colour. And don't be embarrassed!
  • Options
    I'd see a doctor, definitely. Might be nothing, but it's always best to check.

Really don't be embarrassed, because doctors hear a million things more embarrassing than this every day. Everybody poos!
  • Options
    Olive wrote: »
    I'd see a doctor, definitely. Might be nothing, but it's always best to check.

Really don't be embarrassed, because doctors hear a million things more embarrassing than this every day. Everybody poos!

:yes: