Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

No social life!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi there, i am posting this thread because i am in desperate need of help.

I am nearly 21 years old and i have no social life, and only have about 2 friends (who i don't see that often because of time & distance).

I just want to know how i can meet new friends and be happy, rather than be stuck in all the time, being miserable. Even today we had nice weather and i would of loved to go out, but as i have no one i couldn't. It's just time has gone by so much and it's still the same shit. Me and one of my friends was planning to go out 2moro nite, but he's cancelled so i'm in again, another weekend wasted. It's just me isolated all the time, i hate it, i really want to meet new friends and enjoy myself so i can look back and say i enjoyed my life in my 20's. But where does someone who is on their own go to meet people?. Most people i assume go out with mates, then meet other mates. Me i'm by myself, so where do i go?

This problem makes me depressed and i wonder if there is any point to me actually being here, i think my life is so worthless who would care?. Every other person seems to be having fun so why can't i?

if you have any advice i would love to hear it thanx. Brad:(

Comments

• Options
    You could just try going out to clubs and gigs by yourself i guess or join a club or take up a new hobby.

Or how about scouts? I think that explore scouts still go up to 25 - or you could become a young leder and meet other young leaders that way - or maybe do some other type of volunteering.
  • Options
    get a part time job in a bar/club. no kidding.

i've always been quite blessed with large groups of friends, but i met sooooooo many new people through working in the pubs and clubs. You'll meet customers and other staff members who are usually up for a drink after you've shut up etc...

plus you'll earn money while technically having a night out

i'd do it in a flash again if i could

go for it.
  • Options
    thanx, i have thought about doin stuff like that but its hard for me to keep motivated sometimes, i guess i spend too much time thinking about wot everyone else has got and think i can neva have that, if that makes sense. cheers:)
  • Options
    where do u live?
  • Options
    Maybe join some clubs or get yourself to any local church activities even if you are not religious, you could always join in :)