Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Since my housemate was deported...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ive plundered all his food, so i have about 5 tins of chopped tomatoes and a few tins of mixed beans.

what could you suggest i make with this? should i mix it all together and freeze it as a large batch of versatile pasta sauce?

am low on funds until the end of the month so any way of stretching food is greatly welcomed!

Comments

• Options
    With the mixed beans you could do Rice and Peas (beans).
    Or
    You could add some of the beans with the tomatoes into a pan and warm them up together. And put it on Pasta as you said becasue Pasta and rice are quite cheap to buy.

Need anymore suggestions I am sure I can help you. :)
  • Options
    If you mix it all together with some chilli powder and garlic it makes a good chilli for taco filling / rice.
  • Options
    cheers guys :)
    would it be okay to freeze? theres enough for a few meals and obviously i dont want to waste any
  • Options
    Well I know the two I suggested can be kept in the fridge for a few days, so I guess you could freeze them.
  • Options
    awesome :)

thanks muchly:D
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Sounds like a good pasta sauce I suppose - a great excuse to steal food though :D