Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Cheap summer clothes.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So, last night me and Rich had a conversation about how I need a summer/spring jacket because I don't have one, which led to me realising that I have bugger all in the way of summer clothes. This kinda stems from the fact that until recently most of my clothes were dark/black. So I need a staple summer wardrobe that won't break the bank (planning on using some of my loan money after easter). Pleaseplease don't suggest Primark because nothing there looks good on me, and what does won't fit (especially the jeans/trousers). I need stuff for tall people, because normal-sized t-shirts and normal-length jeans are always, without exception, too short. Also, I'm not quite confident enough for short skirts/shorts but something kinda just below knee length would work if anyone has suggestions :).

Comments

• Options
    Have you come accross this website http://www.tallgirls.co.uk/ - they had some nice floaty summer dress things in thier last cateloge. Also Monsoon clothes generally come up longer than others and their fusion range is quite cheap (compared to the rest of the shop)
  • Options
    Primark. Try there they always have great, nice but cheap stuff I get all my cool clothes from there.
  • Options
    Primark. Try there they always have great, nice but cheap stuff I get all my cool clothes from there.
    me wrote:
    Pleaseplease don't suggest Primark because nothing there looks good on me, and what does won't fit (especially the jeans/trousers).
  • Options
    How do you feel about cropped jeans? I'm normally a jeans kinda gal so I like cropped ones for still feeling comfortable but gets air to my ankles so feels summery - I usually get ones which I can change the turn-up length on so have them just passed my knees for hotter days. You might also be able to get these in standard length - don't know if standard is any cheaper or easier to find than the taller version.

What about Peacocks, Dorothy Perkins, New Look etc? There are some 20% vouchers/codes floating around in magazines and on MSE for those at the minute too.

Could try eBay for bundles of things too.. probably lots of people having a good clearout of their wardrobes now :)
  • Options
    have a look in some of the charity shops in town! seriously they sometimes have nice stuff.. like in age concern..wink wink
  • Options
    H&M have nice stuff. I noticed the other day, and its pretty cheap too :) .
  • Options
    if you can get to kensington, kilburn or harrow, Traid are a very good charity shop for designer and very nice stuff.

dorethy perkins and new look do good tall ranges, and student discount.
  • Options
    Get yourself into Marks and Sparks, I always swear by their basics, i.e tshirts/jeans/undies etc. But they do longlong length of jeans and their tshirt range is pretty fabboo. Have a goosey gander at their Limited Collection range, it's really taken a complete overhaul for the better since they got Lily Cole in to model their stuff.
  • Options
    i can't find anything to suit my shape atm! this seasons collections are rubbish. they only seem to work if you are under a size 10 or over a size 16 and preferably don't have an hourglass figure.

has anyone seen anywhere that selling things that have proper shaping instead of just looking tent like?
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    Franki, try Tesco.

I bought a lovely spring jacket for £15.

There is also George at Asda, and I agree with the M&S suggestion, I only found out last week how cheap their basic stuff is!!