Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Some sage advice needed..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm 24, and only recently had intercourse for the first time with a girl I met a few weeks ago. We were both pretty excitable, and a bit drunk after the night of dancing..and of course ended up in bed together, and having sex. We did not use protection..she has taken the morning after pill today (this all happened early Sunday morning), but I'm concerned about STDs(which are part of the reason I believe it's taken me so long to pluck up the courage to actually go further than the beginings of a relationship).

Would I be recommended to go to my GP, get checked for anything in particular?

When we spoke in the morning about what happened, I said that I had came inside of her, and her immediate reaction was that she 'had no feelings for me', that we should 'stop it before someone gets hurt'. When she found out that she was infact the first girl I'd slept with, her tune changed to 'we can still be friends, if you want' and 'maybe we can get more "practice" in another time'. I'm not sure what to think right now.

Any sage words you could give would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    I'm sorry, but couldn't you have used protection? I mean, you use the fear of STDs as an excuse for keeping your virginity and then go and have unprotected sex anyway.

Maybe you should get checked out. If she's had unprotected sex with you only after just meeting, she may well have done it in the past.

Remember, rubber up, next time.
  • Options
    I know, I don't get it either..worried for so long, and the one thing I could of done to prevent worry, and I didn't. One simple damn thing, and now I'm as worried as I was before. Point taken, anyway.
  • Options
    Well yeah, I'd say get checked out for peace of mind. Do you know that many of these sexual health clinics give out free condoms? I mean, if it's not the kinda thing that embarrasses you, maybe you should snaffle a few. Much better than those machines that sell them £3 a time.

As for the girl, she doesn't seem like she wants to be your girlfriend. I'd leave it there, if that's what you're after. Friends or hump-buddies seems to be the best you can hope for, but if you go down the hump-buddy road, use protection, as I doubt she'll want to be exclusive. Also, don't fall in love with her. That'll screw you up, big time.
  • Options
    Thanks for your advice, I really appreciate it. I've infact already found a clinic down the road from here that I'm going to contact tomorrow. I've read contrasting information, some saying they're free..others that they cost, so I'm a bit confused there.

With regards to falling in love with her, of course there have already been some feelings seeded, but having gone through a very close friendship in the past which got to the stage of being 'too good friends to be anything else', I know all too well how bad falling in love with someone that does not love you in the same way can be.

Thanks again The Convincer.
  • Options
    The NHS GUM (Genito-Urinary Medicine) clinics should give you free check-ups. Of course, there may be private clinics which will charge, so I'd investigate who runs the clinic down the road.

Anyway, no probs with the advice. I hope everything turns out to be okay.