Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Do You Kiss In The Supermarket?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've worked in a supermarket for three years now and I've noticed lots and lots of couples who like to kiss and canoodle while doing their shopping. Sometimes I can go into an empty aisle and find a couple practically in the throws of passion. It's quite off putting when I need to do my work.

Is this you? What is it about supermarkets? Or do you like public displays of affection? Or do you hate being seen all lovey dovey by others?

Comments

• Options
    I've not noticed this, to be honest.

Whilst I don't believe kissing in public is a crime, I think there's a somewhat undefined line of what's tastful/decent and what isn't. So, a quick snog in the park or at a train station when parting ways, is fine. Really going for it in places like a supermarket like a pair of hungry fish is poor form, in my opinion.
  • Options
    I've not noticed this, to be honest.

Whilst I don't believe kissing in public is a crime, I think there's a somewhat undefined line of what's tastful/decent and what isn't. So, a quick snog in the park or at a train station when parting ways, is fine. Really going for it in places like a supermarket like a pair of hungry fish is poor form, in my opinion.

:yes:
  • Options
    I've worked in a supermarket for three years now and I've noticed lots and lots of couples who like to kiss and canoodle while doing their shopping. Sometimes I can go into an empty aisle and find a couple practically in the throws of passion. It's quite off putting when I need to do my work.

Is this you? What is it about supermarkets? Or do you like public displays of affection? Or do you hate being seen all lovey dovey by others?

Only ever little pecks. I hate the thought of snogging in public.
  • Options
    Onli ever a quick kiss in the queue if we have been waiting lol, i cant stand these people who need to be separated lol!
  • Options
    Quick kisses for me too. They're pretty innocent. I'd feel really weird snogging the bloke in public.
  • Options
    Not really, given the fact that in a recent survey 38% of people felt at least hostile towards gay people. Nice.

Mind you i was chasing Leigh down the fruit & veg aisle in Tescos Saturday and caught him by the coconuts. :)
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    Not really, given the fact that in a recent survey 38% of people felt at least hostile towards gay people. Nice.

Mind you i was chasing Leigh down the fruit & veg aisle in Tescos Saturday and caught him by the coconuts. :)

Well, I for one, would find it much, much more bareable to find two gay men kissing while I was at work.
  • Options
    Nothing wrong with a PDA per se, but I always do so with some discretion. I'd obviously never do full-on snogging sessions in a crowded supermarket, for instance....