Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Please help... distances in relationships.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Okay, this is a long story, so here's the rough outline.

I met a guy. We got along great. But there's a distance involved between where we live and I didn't know him before this one meeting. We said we both liked each other so I said we should "trial it" and see how it goes as we are both tied down to uni and work so didn't want to jump straight into anything serious and I had a feeling the travelling would be tough.
This was a few months ago.

Since then it's just got worse. The initial spark I felt has gone and I know he is wayyy more into me that I am to him. The distance caused me to have a mini- breakdown too a few weeks ago. I don't think I can cope with uni and this and as I said before the enjoyment has gone.

How do I put it in a half decent way that I see no future in "us"? I don't want to say anything face-to-face because then one of us has to travel back afterwards. Is an e-mail harsh?

Please help. I really don't know what to do.

:banghead:

Comments

• Options
    An email may be a bit trivial, yes. A phone call may be best. Even a hand-written letter is better than email. Email and text would be a no-no, for me.
  • Options
    An email may be a bit trivial, yes. I phone call may be best. Even a hand-written letter is better than email. Email and text would be a no-no, for me.

Yeah it's just I wasn't sure I'd get my point across well if I phoned. I'm not good at stuff like this and just randomly babble and end up in tears... hmmm. I know an e-mail may not be best though.
  • Options
    ... and I wouldn't ever dump someone by text. That is unfair to them.