Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Is it just me?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Is it just me or does anyone else feel incredibly insecure and low when theire other half isnt being as affectionate as they have been?

I realised i need quite a bit of affection in a relationship to be happy, and when say my bf isnt, even if there is nothing wrong, i get all insecure and imagining the worst :(

Like for the past week weve only been texting a little bit in the evenings and its not been til quite late. Then this weekend, i know he had a gig last night but i havent heard back from him yet since he texted me saturday, and hes just been, well a bit unnoticing.

Ive been typing this out and realise it all sounds incredibly stupid and that i'll probably hear from him tonight and it'll all be fine, i actually feel a bit better now that ive written it out... but does anyone else get like this when their other halfs arent as affectionate or attentive as theyve been before? Also how do i stop feeling like this? :(

Comments

• Options
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    Is it just me or does anyone else feel incredibly insecure and low when theire other half isnt being as affectionate as they have been?

Nah I don't overly get insecure about stuff like that. Doesn't sound good for you if your bf can make you feel 'inceddibly insecure' by just being preoccupied. Do you think you depend on your bf too much for your happiness?
  • Options
    I dunno, but considering what happened with my ex, i always assume the worst when theres really nothing to be worried about. By the way, i did get a text from him, he was in the pub and had no signal :blush:

Its not as if i need to be in contact every minute of the day, we usually only text in the evenings to say, hi, how are you etc, but when i started getting replies that were a bit not like him, i worried that something was wrong. Spoke to my friend about it and she said she gets the same with her bf, when usually he's oblivious to the whole thing. Maybe its a girl thing.